The Manager of Technical Support is responsible for the management of entry-level and middle-level systems administrators within the Technical Support Department who provide 24/7/365 support for INAP customers whose solutions are in production. This includes managing day-to-day operations, managing the performance of their team, and coaching them on a regular basis. The Manager must maintain and improve customer service by aiding in streamlining operations through tools and improved processes.
This is a transformational role that drives continuous improvement in people, processes, and technology. This leader’s efforts will allow INAP to increase the speed and quality of problem resolution, to reduce costs, and to materially improve the customer experience. As a result of this leader’s efforts, customers will be more likely to stay with INAP, grow their business with INAP, and recommend INAP to others. In addition, INAP support employees will spend less time firefighting and handling escalations, and more time on value-add activities.
- Act as a leader of a team of system administrators’ level 1 & 2: performance management, attendance, schedule adherence, recognition, coaching and skills development.
- Follow up on technical requests from clients and act as an expert to effectively resolve incidents.
- Manage all direct communication with our customer regarding maintenances, outages, and service affecting events.
- Work with our external suppliers and internal key stakeholders to resolve customer issues.
- Ensure quality assurance and act as a model for customer service.
- Participate in recruitment (interview, scheduling test, selection of candidates, etc.).
- Drive continuous improvement to documentation, processes, and procedures that impact our ability to service customers effectively and efficiently.
- Provide tactical and strategic input to upper management with regards to operations efficiency.
- Manage all departmental KPI's along w/ monthly analysis of these KPI’s.
- Monitor the status of the dashboard and ensure the efficiency of the operations.
- Be a management on-call resource for out-of-hours escalations.
- Great collaboration with other departments.
- Hold weekly meetings.
- Manage escalations, provide coaching and take proactive measures to avoid the issue to happen again.
- Contribute to maintaining a stimulating and pleasant work environment.
- Able to lead remote team members.
- Able to manage technical employees.
- Able to transform and improve business operations.
- Can be both strategic and tactical.
- Able to influence and collaborate with colleagues across departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiency in time management, prioritization, and task planning.
- Ability to overcome difficulties and solve problems with a positive attitude.
- Professionalism, sense of responsibility and autonomy.
- Determination to offer and promote excellent customer service.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in customer care support
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years of direct industry experience.
- Minimum of 1-year direct experience with vendor management and operations.
- Knowledge of Windows administration skills (IIS, SQL server), Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, DNS), CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, preferred.
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (Hyper-V, VMWare, OpenStack), preferred.
- Knowledge of Cloud environments (AWS, Azure), preferred.