JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for management, oversight, monitoring, budgeting, scheduling and expediting the design, development and implementation process of Rockwork, Scenic Facades, Scenic Interiors, and Visual Scenic's on a Project Site. Duties include the management of multiple vendors in both the design and implementation stages.
- Responsible for the management of the fabrication, installation, testing (if required), permitting and on site implementation of all of the rockwork, scenic facades, scenic attractions and other visual scenics for the project, including all art direction approvals, code compliance, technical investigating, compliance to specifications and approval by the authorities having jurisdiction.
- Responsible for the management of the vendors during the design development (shop drawings), sub-consultant coordination, architectural/engineering coordination, art direction and sample programs for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other visual scenics for the project.
- Develops detailed coordinated schedules for all work by vendor identifying and managing critical path and resource issues. Leads production status and schedules reviews ensuring coordination with Project Team. Monitors all budgetary production expenses for project and/or attraction.
- Manages the relevant scenic/interiors budget throughout design, fabrication, installation, art direction approvals and commissioning for project and/or attraction.
- Manages the design, fabrication and material change process to accurately document contractual changes.
- Responsible for concept development, scope of work, request for proposal, bid and award process for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other visual scenics for the project.
- Manages and coordinates Vendor design coordination, facility inputs and attachment interfaces with the Vendor(s), Design Consultants, and Contractor(s).
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Set/Scenic Design, Architecture, Building Construction and/or other Bachelor's Degree coupled with experience in Scenic Construction is required.
- 5 – 7 Years design, production and project/contract management experience required.
- 5 – 7 Years field construction experience specific to set/scenic, creative architecture and the theme park industry.