Manager, Technical Service
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Scope: Perform functions to plan for, manage and control the Technical Service Operations in the Americas at HQ and supporting remote facilities, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
This position requires:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent level experience
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory/leadership capacity in a service/manufacturing environment
- Strong SAP knowledge and reporting
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and reporting
- Six sigma certification preferred
- Strong people management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Performance Orientation and Project Management Skills
- Self directed and motivated
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Manage the maintenance and evolution of the Americas HQ and remote technical service operations, personnel and facilities.
- Monitor progress and provide mentoring as required to ensure that operations are carried out efficiently.
- Coordinate the investigation of any issues in the service process and determine most effective solutions.
- Approve and manage implementation of new methods within the operations unit as required to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Monitor operations for recurring service and product problems and recommend potential solutions to R&D including conditions requiring more complex resolution, recurring failures, service issues or identified product limitations.
- Make recommendations to engineering as to areas of impact or areas where changes may be required to improve or enhance a product.
- Propose designs for new service jigs or fixtures.
- Maintain current awareness of product revisions, communicate design and method changes and technical direction, and ensure proper documentation of procedures and training of technical service staff.
- Develop and oversee the implementation and maintenance of service material inventory control and distribution policies and procedures.
- Monitor capital equipment, raw material, supply, tools and customer products inventories on a regular basis and manage scheduled inventory counts.
- Set material and supply, forecast and inventory levels to ensure availability while containing cost. Propose, recommend and assist with the implementation, design and control of operating standards, procedures, guidelines and documentation related to the performance and operation of Global Technical Service for the Organization.
- Communicate general business, safety, quality, performance and productivity issues to team members, monitor and report on team performance against plan and prepare and post team performance reports.
- Ensure that work is completed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures. Interview, select, recommend hire, train and assign Technical Service Operations staff.
- Provide direction and mentoring, develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of staff, both as a department and individually.
- Evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to employees.
- Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow, operate within safe material handling limits to protect parts from damage and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production check lists, operating procedures and policy manuals.
- Make and distribute authorized modifications as directed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plansecurity activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser TrackerTM and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines.
The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, The Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V