As Manager, Technical Operations you will oversee all Infrastructure for the organization. The role would cover multi-functional and multi-location projects and systems. You will be responsible for setting the strategy and direction of the team and also ensure team members are trained and mentored to ensure maximum team performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, and wireless implementations.
- Managers within Technology at Zonar help create an inspiring workplace where talented people are empowered to drive amazing customer experiences and business results. Through broad industry and practice knowledge and hands-on technical management experience, the Manager guides a team of professionals to execute strategy and tactics that deliver desired results.
- Guides and influences people resources and processes in pursuit of the division’s goals and objectives
- Integrates broad working knowledge in related disciplines to create integrated technical innovations/solutions for complex business situations
- Leads a staff of Technology professionals and provides coaching and mentoring
- Assists in enhancing department vision and strategies to support company goals and receives guidance from more senior leader
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Minimum of 7 years System Engineering Database Administration experience with administering and supporting multiple databases for performance critical, highly available systems on UNIX/Linux platform
- 8+ years IT operations
- Minimum of 5 years of building and managing teams
- Technical project management experience
- Experience designing, building and supporting datacenters and global networks
- Experience and knowledge of automation technology and tools
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Experience and knowledge of open source databases
- Experience partnering with development teams
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Virtualization – VMWare
- Linux – RedHat/Centos preferred
- Containers – Docker and Kubernetes
- Database – PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Caching – Memcached, Redis
- Automation – Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck
- Equipment – Juniper Networking, F5 Loadbalancers, Cisco UCS, NetApp SAN
- Other – Splunk, Extrahop, Kakfa, Zookeeper, RabbitMQ
- BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or relevant industry experience preferred