The Technical Leads Team ensures that our development teams are adhering to industry best practices as it relates to the detailed designs, coding, unit testing, and integration testing and implementation activity within the SDLC. They act as mentors across the development teams and lead and coordinate critical parts of the SDLC process to ensure that our software can operate within the demanding financial services space – processing and settling financial transactions and support the operational needs of financial institutions.
The Tech Lead Team exists to drive industry best practices within the SDLC as well as to ensure the quality and integrity of the software that is developed and delivered to our production environment.
Are you someone that:
- Acts with Integrity to ensure that our systems do not go to production until they have been fully vetted and validated
- Is Curious and has a Passion to continue learning?
- Finds a way to improve the status quo?
- Does not accept failure and finds a way around blockers?
- Understands detail, and is diligent in understanding and being responsive to customer needs?
- Drives to understand industry standard best practices and makes change when and where needed?
- Has experience working with mission critical 24x7 OLTP applications.
- Work closely with the team and peers across the organization to ensure the highest level of quality is built in to our applications
- Work closely with the team and peers across the organization to ensure that there is minimal impact to our production environment when applications move into production
- Drive activity as needed, engaging with peers across the business to remove roadblocks
- Be open and upfront with colleagues about reasoning and intention behind challenges
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work; and
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, feeding that knowledge back into the team and the larger organization
The Manager of the Technical Lead Team will be successful in this role when they can:
- Ensure that internal and external SLA's are being met – supporting the build and delivery of rock solid applications into our production environments
- Understand the business needs of our financial institutions, acquirers, issuers and processors and ensure the highest level of quality in responding to issues during the SDLC as well as to production level issues as needed
- Develop strong rapports with peers and understand how best to work with them to achieve success
- Can drive initiatives from start to finish and are diligent in engaging all relevant stakeholders
The Strength of SHAZAM
SHAZAM's an independent company in the thriving financial services industry. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment where you'll be challenged and rewarded for your achievements. Our employees' professional growth and development is top priority, and you'll be surrounded by talented individuals and postured to make a real difference in the company. As a team member at SHAZAM, you'll be an essential part of our mission as we work together strengthening community financial institutions. We're a trusted partner to our valued customers providing answers, choice and innovation with an impeccable level of customer service — a level unmatched in the industry. And here's the best part. We're a national company that offers a small-company feel, a cultural balance that's hard to come by but very real at SHAZAM. As an employee here, you'll get to know everyone from the front line to the CEO, and be a part of a highly collaborative work environment.
Join SHAZAM and be a part of a motivated and vibrant group of people. We offer highly competitive salary packages and attractive benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, plus flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plan, plus financial planning assistance
- Vacation, sick leave, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Casual dress
- Wellness programs, on-site fitness center and fitness reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Employee rewards, recognition programs and employee referral program
- Flexible hours
- Two Des Moines area facilities with secure building access and free on-site parking. (Johnston office is located in a greenbelt area).