Manager, Technical Change and Release Management
5 - 7 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
This manager will provide leadership for a team of change and release management professionals utilizing the ITIL service model. This team provides oversight of change and release management for IT development as well as change and release governance for outsourcedvendor relationships. The Manager, Technical Change and Release Management will provide governance for our Change Advisory Board, all change and release related communication and adherence to defined change and release policies. They will beresponsiblefor overall service delivery and continuous improvement as defined by the ITIL service model.
- Will work across the Enterprise to manage major technical project releases, with a goal to develop a strong understanding of system dependencies, work towards faster delivery while maintaining quality, and ensuring all teams are compliant with our Enterprise SDLC process.
- Establishes the right change and release processes to ensure the quality of our production environment is maintained regardless of scale, complexity or speed of changes.
- Charged with building relationships within IT and the Enterprise, learning new technologies, and continuously improving processes. Will be expected to build metrics and share outcomes towards continuous improvement.
- Will be expected to automate control steps and support delivery teams' ability to deliver faster and with high quality through support of Agile and DevOps.
- Ensures compliance of and adherence to all ITIL processes.
- Create clear direction and strategy for team; establish, manage and coach team with clear objectives and performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience with technology domains, change or release management and/or related governance functions.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of seven years experience with technology domains, change or release management and/or related governance functions.
- Leadership experiencerequired.
- Proven experience working collaboratively to foster an environment that supports resolution
- Knowledge of ITIL business environment
- Knowledge of SDLC and Change Management
- Proven negotiation and influencing experience
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide appropriate courses of action
- Experience with SDLC methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
- Agile SAFe
- Experience with vendor/outsourced partnerships
- Experience in continuous improvement.