The Manager of Technical Accounting and Research is primarily responsible for the research of technical accounting issues/questions and impact of new accounting guidance to the company.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and document conclusions to technical accounting questions and issues.
- Research and document the impact of new accounting guidance released by the FASB and SEC to each of the segments and the Company as a whole.
- Assist in the roll-out of new accounting guidance to each of the segments and Company as a whole, including formulating implementation and education plans for the impacted groups, development of new internal controls, if needed, and on-going review and documentation for continued compliance.
- Assist with preparation and review of all acquisitions or similar type transactions.
- Conduct special projects as requested by management.
- Provide requested information as needed for internal and external audits.
- Assist with preparation and review of all SEC filings
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage and complete time critical projects responsibly.
- Strong ability to work as a member of a team and solve problems.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent computer and system skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, is required.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation.
- Must be dependable with a stable work history.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience is required, preferably in a similar position or in public accounting.
- CPA is a required.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
Up to 10% travel required. Requires the ability to travel to other offices.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally position, transport and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.