- Document conclusions on key accounting issues for review by the Director of Technical Accounting, Chief Accounting Officer and or Chief Financial Officer.
- Own US GAAP technical accounting in conjunction with the Director of Technical Accounting, including coverage of the following areas: Revenue Recognition, Business Combinations, Consolidation, Non-cash Compensation, Debt & Equity Securities, Earnings Per Share, Segment Reporting, Derivatives, Off balance sheet arrangements & complex business transactions, Exit & Disposal Cost Obligations (Restructuring), Fair Value Measurements, Foreign Currency Accounting, Leases, Internally Developed Software, Income Taxes.
- In conjunction with the Director of Technical Accounting, serves as the subject matter expert on business proposals for key finance & accounting executives & management.
- Maintains accounting documentation and calculations for key business issues.
- Assist with financial and operational due diligence on potential acquisitions, and assist with integration efforts for completed acquisitions.
- Work closely with the financialreporting team to support the filing of quarterly and annual reports, other periodic reports to ensure appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with US GAAP disclosure rules and requirements.
- Ensure worldwide compliance with and proper application of US GAAP, including developing and leading policies, training and education sessions on US GAAP accounting requirements.
- Manage/own components of the worldwide external audit process through analysis and compilation of information on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Execute the preparation of the Company’s quarterly debt compliance reporting.
- Work effectively with the local & regional controllers and otherinternational accounting team members.
- Provide support on the worldwide monthly general ledger close and consolidation process as needed, including review of business unit financial information and other deliverables.
- 5 years of experience, public accounting a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Strong interest in technical US GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and verbal and written communication skills. Ability to identify areas of risk and inefficiency, and determine process improvement opportunities.
- Team player. Must be a self-starter with excellent time and project management skills. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Experience in Public Accounting