What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for "Because People Matter," because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
BPM's Technical Accounting Group Overview
No matter the size of your business, chances are companies may need assistance with complicated accounting projects from time to time. BPM's Technical Accounting Group is here to assist and advise so our clients may focus on their business operations. We scale up with companies during spikes in operations related to complex accounting projects or periodic reporting, and we scale down when typical operations resume.
We pride ourselves in collaborating with companies to achieve their accounting and reporting goals in a cost-effective manner. Our work is exciting and includes a number of projects with Bay Area IPO's who are trailblazers in the making. We are seeking driven and high performing individuals who want to join an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking group.
- Recognition as "Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area"
- BPMU - A corporate university that's dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your day-to-day work schedule
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High performer in prior experience
- 5-8 years of public accounting experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- CPA license required
- Ability to collaborate with teams and own their work product
- Hard working, detail oriented and ability to motivate engagement teams
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for helping clients with a strong interest in technical accounting
- Significant experience in writing complex technical accounting position papers
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Aptitude for technical accounting research and self-education, desire to learn and be an expert
- Ability to act and lead as the client contact
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Add value through GAAP analysis of complex transactions including equity, complex debt agreements, leasing, revenue recognition, and business combinations
- Manage large complex projects through completion
- Collaborate with engagement teams and be comfortable owning a project independently
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and strategic approach to service delivery
- Add value to clients to successfully prepare and complete audits
- Add value to public and private clients by assisting in the following: Detailed revenue analysis and revenue recognition; Equity - stock compensation (FAS 123R, warrant accounting) and EPS; Draft or review complex sets of financial statements with disclosures, SEC Reporting, including S-1, 10K, 10Q and other filings; Identification and application of technical accounting guidance to client situations, and/or Global accounting activities including IFRS, foreign currency and consolidations
- Understand complex FASB and SEC rules and regulations, client deadlines and deliverables, requests and preferences to deliver excellent client services
- Identify, analyze and conclude on generally accepted accounting principles for the client and consult with the technical accounting group leader
- Ensure work is delivered timely and in accordance with firm standards
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct
- Interact with clients / auditor and manage multiple projects
- Deliver memorandums written in organized manner with proper grammar and sentence structure
BPM offers unmatched career growth opportunities within a community of infinite learners! We have consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area's "Best Places to Work"with rich diversity in the clients and industries we serve, as well as, in our overall work.
We hope you find this opportunity to be in line with your background and interests, and look forward to receiving your application!
Additional Geographical Locations: Anywhere in the US or Canada
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.