This role is responsible for translating product marketing deliverables into industry-focused content and insights to tell the story around how Cvent solutions solve this specific use-case. This role reports to the Director of Enterprise Marketing in the product marketing organization and collaborates with product management, demand gen, and sales organizations. Experience in these industries is a plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the development of industry marketing plans including market sizing, addressable market opportunity, segmentation, opportunity profiles
- Aggressively position and market the company as the leading enterprise software solution provider for the technology industry and event marketing solution area.
- Develop clear, compelling industry and functional value propositions, based on pain points that resonate with customers and prospects. Own and maintain persona profiles for assigned industries
- Work with product management, product marketing, sales enablement, and demo teams to guide development of industry-specific solutions, technologies and demos
- Work with marketing programs and field marketing teams to execute annual and quarterly go-to-market plans including, for each key industry: awareness, demand generation, sales enablement and partner plans; and supporting materials/content.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer and prospect requirements and represent the voice of the customer/prospect within the organization
- Develop effective sales and marketing tools that enable Sales to successfully win new business. Provide direction and/or drive the creation of industry- and function-specific content including web content, collateral, white papers, customer presentations, customer case studies, ROI models, and solution demos
- Perform sales training and participate in sales calls to ensure field effectiveness in positioning and selling
- Support win/loss analysis, customer requirements, competitive positioning, and more.
What You Need for this Position
- A minimum of 5 years total work experience with 1-2 years of experience in industry, solution and/or product marketing in the enterprise software market
- Experience working in and/or marketing to, the target industries and business functions
- Strategic thinking and ability to define and pursue high level objectives.
- Proven ability to understand and communicate business processes, business challenges and associated infrastructure requirements effectively within different vertical industries and/or business functions.
- Proven ability to provide direction for a solution, or set of solutions in an industry or functional area, including building a market-driven business case, developing a marketing and launch plan, creating compelling messaging based on customer pain points, and working closely with customers, industry experts, press and analysts
- Proven personnel management and leadership skills. Ability to work in cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with marketing colleagues
- An entrepreneurial drive and work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize in a results-driven, collaborative environment
- Aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with technology partners and system integrators to develop and implement partner marketing plans a plus
- BA in marketing, business, computer science or related field. MBA a plus.