Job ID 2016-1352
Go Beyond the Ordinary. Join Wipfli LLP.
We are excited that you made the decision to consider joining Wipfli LLP. In doing so, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. We hope that you find, in Wipfli LLP, the firm where you will meet all of your goals and aspirations in life and work. Guided by our mission statement, “To contribute to the success of our associates and clients”, we will contribute to your development of technical and soft skills, so you can ensure our clients are successful.
Since 1930, we have grown to be a thriving nationally known firm, with a local presence, and subject matter experts of a large firm. We will help our associates and clients -- and perhaps you -- thrive. All along, the Wipfli Way has guided us in making our associates and clients successful, and creating a culture that values relationships.
As we begin our relationship with you, we look forward to learning how we can help turn your ideas into realities, and how you will turn the challenges of our clients into opportunities for their success. To further explore more about The Wipfli Way and all we have to offer, please go to our website www.wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP is always looking for experienced tax professionals to join our growing firm. Tax Managers will be the primary tax contact for specific clients and oversees the accurate and timely execution of a wide range of tax engagements depending on the need and background of the associate.
The Tax Manager communicates results to clients and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying tax opportunities and serving the client’s needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Plan and schedule tax engagements with clients and firm resources
- Serve as the main tax point of contact within our firm for clients
- Perform detailed reviews of tax work papers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Review tax returns, tax research, tax communications, and other requested deliverables
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Maintain technical expertise in various tax areas related to industry specialization
- 5+ years of job related experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a Masters in Taxation preferred
- CPA certification required
- Public accounting experience desired
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Position will work 45 hours per week on average with 60 hour plus weeks required in tax season
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Our recruiting team will guide you through our evaluation and interviewing process. We will communicate an update on your status as soon as possible.