At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
- Lead and manage tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Plan and schedule tax engagements with clients and firm resources
- Serve as the main tax point of contact within our firm for clients
- Tax Manager is responsible for clients receiving proactive communication and timely service
- Perform detailed reviews of tax work papers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Review tax returns, tax research, tax communications, and other requested deliverables
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Maintain technical expertise in various tax areas related to industry specialization
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Minimum 5 years of recent public accounting experience in tax
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Ability to balance many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions
- Ability to become technically competent with industry-specific tax and accounting matters
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Caseware, depreciation processing software, tax preparation software (ProSystems), tax research software (RIA), and IDEA (data extraction software)