Job ID 2017-1929
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. For some positions, we have the flexibility and technology to work from anywhere; whether it’s in the office, at home or at the client site.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do,
Wipfli LLP is currently seeking a Tax Manager for our Media or Philadelphia office. This person will be the primary tax contact for specific clients and will oversee the accurate and timely execution of business and individual tax engagements. The Tax Manager communicates results to clients and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying tax opportunities and serving the client’s needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Plan and schedule tax engagements with clients and firm resources
- Serve as the main tax point of contact within our firm for clients
- Identify client planning opportunities
- Is responsible for clients receiving proactive communication and timely service
- Perform detailed reviews of tax work papers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Review tax returns, tax research, tax communications, and other requested deliverables
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Grow and maintain tax technical expertise in various areas related to industry specialization
- 5+ years of job related experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a Masters in Taxation a plus
- CPA certification required
- Public accounting experience desired
- Specific industry focus preferred, examples being Private Equity, Manufacturing & Distribution, Construction & Real Estate, etc.
- Advanced technical knowledge in areas such as International and Partnerships
- Prior experience with Pass-through Entities desired, along with related transactional experience
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Caseware, depreciation processing software, tax preparation software (CCH Axcess), tax research software (RIA), and GoFileRoom is strongly desired
- Position will work 45 hours per week on average with 60 hour plus weeks required in tax season