As a Manager - Tax, we are sure you know what you are doing. But in case you need any support, you will have the direct support of our VP of Corporate Tax. You can expect to work with a global team of tax, accounting, and finance team members. Additionally, because you like learning and training, you will manage and train a tax team that is based outside of the US, and within US. You will have the opportunity to develop for your next step up the corporate tax ladder. The future is yours to learn, explore and grow with Franklin.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Manager-Tax?
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual worldwide income tax provision including effective tax rate, FIN48, M-1s, tax entries, etc.
- Prepare/review 10K and 10Q tax footnotes and disclosures.
- Review/manager inventory of book and tax timing differences
- Manage external audits and audits of corporate and subsidiary financials.
- Prepare/Review annual provision-to-return adjustments.
- Review federal income tax returns, extensions, and estimated payment calculations.
- Manage SOX 404 compliance and documentation processes.
- Work with various contacts within Finance on special tax projects, including mergers and acquisitions, and tax restructuring.
- Provide mentorship and training to staff pool.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- At least 8 years of corporate tax experience
- Big four experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and application of ASC 740, including FIN 48.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and a keen sense of skepticism.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated by the ability to translate complex tax concepts across multiple audiences.
- Strong initiative, motivated to learn, and passionate about teaching.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- CPA or MST preferred
- Hands-on experience with OneSource, Workday/Peoplesoft preferred