DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with more than 2,000 professionals in 12 states, in 34 offices, we combine deep experience with a strong commitment to personal service. We are passionate about our people and helping our clients succeed—and we do so through a resourceful approach to solving problems, providing solutions and helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Provide tax compliance and planning services to clients of DHG
- Proactively research existing and proposed tax law to determine impact on clients’ financial position; present finding / recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice including analyzing business processes and identifying ways to automate processes and/or implement improved processes
- Coordinates with the Senior Manager and/or Partner on all phases of the engagement, with a focus on complex returns for Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, individuals, etc.
- Provide clients assistance with ASC 740-10 (FAS 109 & FIN 48) including but not limited to calculating current/deferred taxes and tax account roll forwards, assessing valuation allowances, and calculating global tax provisions for SEC filings.
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients? build and manage client relationships
- Manage the work flow, including proper delegation to staff according to their experience, and coordination with senior managers and partners on all phases of the engagement
- Review the tax working papers and determine that the engagement has been performed in accordance with professional standards and the terms of the engagement letter
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participate in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Use research services to increase technical knowledge and provide valuable services to clients
- Serve as a technical resource for professionals in the firm
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required, Masters in Taxpreferred
- 4-7 years in tax accounting required, preferably with a Big Four or Regional Firm
- Tax return review experiencerequired
- Active CPArequired
- Experience in various state and local taxes including income/franchise tax, sales tax, and tax credits/incentives preferred
- Strong skills in tax research and writing preferred
- A miniminum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems required
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment required
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills required.