A challenging career opportunity exists for someone to join the Corporate Tax team. As a Manager, Corporate Tax you will be responsible for the oversight of preparation of Barnes Group Inc. Consolidated Federal, State Income and Franchise Tax Returns, inclusive of Foreign Informational Tax forms (5471, 8858, 8865); Tax research, managing state taxaudits and assisting the Tax Director with Federal tax issues and audits; Support for taxfinancial accounting and reporting and other issues (ASC740, FIN48, etc.). Play a key role in the operation of the Corporate Tax Department. Manage the preparation and review of government returns and external financialreports. Assist the Director of Tax with tax savings projects as needed.
If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced business environment, please submit your credentials for consideration.
- Responsible for the review and oversight of preparation of Barnes Group Inc. Consolidated Federal Tax Return, State Income and Franchise Tax Returns, Foreign Informational Tax Returns (5471,8858,8865)
- Manage and develop entry level taxaccountant
- Serve as a key tax contact, working closely with the other groups within the businesses
- Oversee the preparation and provide first review of state tax apportionments for state tax returns; Analyze any major changes to apportionment rates
- Assist with Fin-48 analysis
- Work with Tax Reporting Group to assist with Deferred tax analysis and analysis/review of foreign forecast/actual reports review
- Identify and implement process improvements relating to U.S. tax Compliance process
- Research state income, use and other taxes for purposes of maintaining tax compliance with state and local jurisdictions.
- Provide assistance with quarterly and year end ASC740 deferred taxes, consolidated state income tax provision, and other tax calculations for financialreporting purposes.
- Coordinate with accounting department (internally and externally), to obtain appropriate information necessary in completing tax filings and calculating certain quarterly tax provision items.
- Preparation of information requests and responses for Federal and state taxaudits.
- Must be able to research tax issues and make recommendations based on findings.
- Review estimated Federal and State Income and Franchise tax payments.
- Strong ability to multi task and prioritize tasks
- Public taxexperience is a plus, but not necessary
- Strong tax compliance technical skills
- Strong grasp of fundamental tax and accounting concepts.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong skills in written/verbal communication, organizational ability, and proven analytical and project management skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving ability; good business judgment and instincts
- High ethical standards, personal integrity and attention to compliance risks
- Self-starter, result-oriented, with high level of energy and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills — ability to quickly establish credibility and trust, and work effectively across multiple functional areas
- Strong skills in MS Office software with expertise in Microsoft SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, knowledge of computers and tax software (OneSource a strong plus, but not necessary), minimum six to eight years of tax compliance, tax accounting and research experience with multi-national corporation.