The tax department is a part of the Nestle finance organization responsible for all tax matters affecting the US operations, and is involved in all mergers and acquisitions, treasury, and business structuring decisions. The tax department is a collaborative organization which works closely with legal, legislative affairs, treasury, accounting, human resources and business operations. The US personnel may be asked to assist other tax professionals globally on cross jurisdictional initiatives as well as the global tax functional leaders in Vevey, Switzerland.
- Daily management of federal and state tax income and franchise audits
- Develop and maintain positive and credible relationships with tax authority exam teams, whether federal or state
- Manage the IDR process; pre-discuss with exam teams, negotiate terms of IDRs and response times
- Draft IDR responses and ensure IDRs are responded to timely
- Work closely with compliance, tax planning and business units to obtain necessary information/documentation to respond to government requests
- Proactively support Tax Counsel in developing strategies and resolution ideas through all stages of controversy. Review and negotiate drafts of Notices of Proposed Adjustments
- Review IRS and state examiners’ computations, eg., NOPAs, RARs, interest, carrybacks and carryforwards
- Work with tax planning team to advise on audit implications of planning ideas.
- Assist senior tax counsel on all record retention matters
- Serve on various tax department and cross-functional corporate committees regarding a range of topics.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of progressive federal and state taxexperience
- 5 years’ experience in daily management of taxaudits for a multinational corporation.
- Strong knowledge of Sub C and Transfer Pricing
- BA/Accounting or related degree or CPA, masters in taxpreferred.
- Strong Excel and OneSource knowledge and/or experience
- Self-starter with continuous improvement mindset and is a collaborative team player
- Hands on detail oriented while also being a strategic thinker with a “can do” attitude;
- Organized with excellent project management skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of developing strong relationships with tax and non-tax business personnel.
- Up to 30% business travel