Reporting to the Tax Director, this positon will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for Income Taxes including tax calculations and general ledger entries, analysis, research and documentation of tax positions, and maintenance of tax reserves. The position will provide taxsupport for strategic objectives, and assistance with identification and implementation of tax planning strategies. The position incorporates responsibility over acquisition opportunities, monitoring of tax developments, and integrations and adoption of new rules and standards. The position will interact with all other parts of Finance, Legal, Internal Audit, External Auditors, and the business to ensure that income taxreporting impacts are appropriately considered for ongoing operations as well as strategic business initiatives. The position will also include assistance in examinations by taxing authorities relating to review of, and response to, technical positions advanced by the taxing authorities, and working closely with other members of the Tax Department to coordinate workload among shared staff.
- Responsible for computations relating to income taxes and maintenance of general ledger accounts.
- Monitor tax developments across all US jurisdictions to ensure that any changes are incorporated into the tax provision, including developments resulting from law changes, court cases, regulation issuance and interpretation, and examination results by taxing authorities.
- Prepare technical memoranda relating to tax positions taken by the Company and assist in assessment of risk in recognizing tax benefits of uncertain tax positions.
- Prepare the computations and disclosures relating to tax portions of SEC Filings (10K, 10Q) prepared by External Reporting .
- Participate in the monthly forecast and close process in order to help ensure the tax impacts of material items are accounted for or forecasted correctly
- Assist in identification and implementation of process improvement initiatives relating to the income tax provision process.
- Work with Tax Director and outside tax advisors to identify tax savings opportunities that are consistent with the business objectives of the Company, and provide assistance in the implementation of such strategies.
- Participate in cross-functional teams for strategic business initiatives and assist in evaluating the tax impacts of proposed transactions as well as making recommendations for alternatives to achieve more advantageous tax results.
- Assist in research and preparation of technical responses to tax positions and adjustments proposed by the taxing authorities.
- Evaluate the results of developments arising from examinations to determine the impact they may have on the recognized tax benefits of various tax positions taken by the Company.
- 4 Year College Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years related experience
- Manager/Senior at a large public accounting firm, or corporate tax department experiencepreferred
- Strong tax background and knowledge of ASC 740 including accounting for uncertain tax positions
- Experience with proactively performing tax research and resolving issues
- Experience with tax provision automation systems is encouraged
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to write technical memos which provide adequate support for conclusions reached
- Experience with SEC Filings (10K, 10Q)
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience with leading large projects
- Strong desire to achieve career growth
- Ability to work either individually or as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed