At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for – LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – Join us!
Blue Shield of California is looking for a Manager, Talent Acquisition to lead and manage a high-performing recruiting team. This position reports to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and Pipeline Programs and can be located in San Francisco/Oakland, El Dorado Hills or Los Angeles (Monterey Park site).
The Manager, Talent Acquisition will focus on a specific business unit recruitment with an emphasis on leading a team of executive recruiters. The position will be instrumental in managing a team of several recruiters and coordinators, as well as act as an executive recruiter for the specific business unit. The Manager, Talent Acquisition will develop relationships at all levels of Blue Shield’s business units and functional areas and collaborate with HR Business Partners on Human Capital Planning for our business units, forecasting and workforce planning. Developing and deploying long-term sustainable recruiting strategies, establishing best in class recruiting processes, pipeline maintenance, channel management, and strategic partnerships, are critical in this role.
- Meet regularly with senior business unit leaders and Human Resource Business Partners to deliver Talent Acquisition scorecards and business reviews.
- Create partnership strategies that ensure effective management of expectations, clarity regarding service level agreements, roles and responsibilities and a superior level of customer service.
- Develops plans and programs for the effective executive recruitment and placement of senior leaders.
- Maintain consistent communication with the recruiting team to ensure updates and changes are effective, leverage data within applicant tracking system and other reporting to ensure recruiting efforts are timely, accurate and within compliance, partner across HR and the enterprise.
- Ensure consistent messaging and a repeatable world class experience for both candidates and internal clients.
- Leverage market intelligence on healthcare and the health insurance markets, partner on workforce planning and gather competitive intelligence about locations, compensation, skill availability, diversity, etc. to inform recruiting strategy.
- Provide leadership, support, advocacy and vision to a team of recruiters and sourcers that support a business unit and are in line with the company's strategic direction and core values.
- Develop the team by providing clear expectations on performance and how to exceed their goals.
- Create, build and execute the talent acquisition analytics strategy and use the resulting data to tell relevant stories about all aspects of talent acquisition across the enterprise.
- Develop and execute best in class sourcing strategies and campaigns to ensure proactive strategies to attract passive candidates, talent in high demand and diversity in the candidate pool.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art practices.
- Align company, business unit, HR and TA long- and short-term vision, goals and objectives, ensuring compliance with various Federal regulations including the EEOC, OFCCP and Blue Shield’s Affirmative Action Policy.
- Regularly assess overall lead generation, particularly for “hard to fill” and business critical positions.
- Stay abreast of job board performance and adjust utilization based on results.
- Must have the gravitas, intellectual capability and talent acquisition and operational knowledge to gain credibility with senior leadership, business unit leadership, HR business partners and cross-functional teams.
- Extensive recruiting experience with ability to plan, source and support selection of top talent at the director and senior director levels.
- Skill with managing teams that leverage internet resources including but not limited to: resume databases, recruiting and search techniques such as LinkedIn, user group lists, social media and industry specific online professional networks, advanced Boolean searches, blogs, and job boards.
- Works with a high sense of urgency coupled with the ability to remain flexible within a highly dynamic environment and still deliver on deadlines. Works well with ambiguity.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, results oriented, adaptability, managerial courage and influential skills.
- Ability to establish and fulfill service level agreements and set service standards with hiring managers and business leaders.
- Experience building creative and advanced recruiting strategies to deliver against the talent attraction needs for the enterprise that will focus on generating passive candidates for our current and future growth initiatives; helping us to continue our shift from a reactive model to proactively building our talent pipeline.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) or more years of recruiting experience, coupled with exposure to executive recruiting and/or team management in a corporate recruiting function.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience developing and managing recruiting strategies and identifying recruiting events, sources and other outreach strategies.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated, self-directed and possess strong learning agility.
- Previous experience creating, driving and leading the talent attraction and pipelining strategies at the executive level and across business units.
- Experience leveraging data and dashboards to assess what’s working and what’s not.
- Knowledge of EEO, OFCCP, ADA and employment laws.
- Thorough understanding of hiring, candidate selection and assessment processes.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence through strong business etiquette, confidence in all settings and maintaining a professional focus when business conditions change.