Northrop Grumman seeks an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to serve as a technical contributor in a DoD research organization. Successful candidates will oversee a matrixed team of data scientists and software engineers working a broad problem set.
In addition to supervisory duties, candidates will be expected to consult on a wide range of initiatives, to include system architecture, data engineering, machine learning, AI, and other strategic issues. If successful, candidates will be given the opportunity to participate and lead efforts leading to novel technologies/research.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- MS or PhD in Systems Engineering or comparable discipline and a minimum of 10 years' experience
- Experience with broad, large, and complex data problems.
- Supervisory experience
- SQL, Python experience
- Strong communication skills
- Active Position of Public Trust Clearance
- Experience with DoD organizations and/or health care environments.
- Hadoop experience.
Requisition ID: 17024075