SUMMARY OF OCCUPATION:
Reporting to IS leadership, the Manager of Systems Development is responsible for providing project management, guidance, and leadership throughout the systems’ development lifecycle. This position will assist in the selection and implementation (both in full partnership with Woods operations) of innovative solutions to ensure information is used effectively and efficiently as tools for Woods’ strategic goals to be fulfilled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of IT implementation planning for a project; responsibilities include overseeing and facilitating overall coordination, stability, and status reporting or IT implementation planning, establishing and implementing processes and methodologies to guarantee that all IT implementation related tasks are successfully completed.
- Functions as a liaison between Information Services Department and other divisional departments and units in order to solve complex and/or sensitive interface problems with vendors and division groups. Ensures prompt and courteous feedback to requestors of Information Services. Establishes priorities for system modifications and requests in coordination with application users. Understands IT organizations and establishes a working relationship with multiple business areas. Develops and builds relationships with IT partners and business clients.
- Leads communication to IT leadership, business leadership, and IT business consultants to convey IT related program strategy, direction, and changes. Serves as initial point of escalation for all program management issues or risks.
- Provides recommendations to the IS leadership in selecting, evaluating, directing, and, when necessary, disciplining and discharging subordinate personnel; Reviews the recommendations of subordinate personnel regarding employee relations matters and provides assistance and guidance in resolving complex problems.
- Reviews department’s performance and effects changes as needed to improve services, simplify work flow, and assure compliance with regulatory requirements. Maintains department reports and records and collects statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes. Prepares and recommends department budget and ensures that the department operates with allocated funds.
- Assists in the preparation and installation of Information Systems and procedures, including the design of source documents, technical direction of Management Information Services operations, and assistance in the format of reports.
- Assigns requests via help desk function, consisting of systems development and operations, to staff members while performing follow-up activities for timeliness of request responses.
- Supervises cross-training functions of systems development staff to handle multiple job functions.
- Works with the IS leaders in the development of short- and long-term goals and objectives. Assists in daily administering policies and procedures for the Information Services Department which are consistent with the goals and objectives of Woods.
- Maintains professional contacts with other peer institutes, software and hardware vendors, concerning computer applications, business processes, and equipment.
- Assigned duties are implemented in a manner appropriate to the age-specific needs of the individuals served.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Degree in a clinically oriented discipline (e.g. RN, Therapist) is highly desirable. Advanced degree or additional studies or concentration in Information Services, Computer Science, or Business Administration required. Masters degree is preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience as a Project Manager, Manager within an Information Services department, or similar role demonstrating successful management of Information Services project is required. Candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of business operations, processes and procedures.