Insulet is looking for enthusiastic, team-focused individuals that want to help test great products for the diabetes-care industry and obtain experience in one of the fastest growing and most exciting medical device companies in the greater Boston area!
The Manager, Systems Design Verification, will be integral in the technical design and development of Insulet’s products by supporting all phases of the Design Verification Process. The person in this position will be required to manage the projects and resources (both technical and human) assigned and balance the competing needs of the various projects for completion on time and budget while maintaining the highest possible technical standards for Test and Verification. This person will also be responsible for high level technical planning for each project and orchestration of their interactions from a Design Verification perspective.
The Position will report to the Senior Manager, Systems Design Verification, within the Systems Engineering COE in Advanced Technology & Engineering located at Insulet’s Headquarters in Acton, MA. However, the job responsibilities will be split between the Acton and Billerica locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and Lead an engineering team that is responsible for defining the system level verification testing required to ensure the safety and effectiveness of our features and products.
- Establish strategic plans, objectives and deliverables for team members covering system verification, robustness and regression testing.
- Plan, Prepare and Execute System Level Testing for assigned projects.
- Develop tools and methods for both conduction testing, analyzing data and tracking progress during design and test phases.
- Drive optimizations in test processes to increase test coverage while improving both quality and efficiency of testing.
- Leverage verification best practice to minimize testing time and sample sizes while maximizing test efficacy.
- Lead both hiring and staffing decisions to help improve team effectiveness while working with project managers and stakeholders to determine specific project needs.
- Lead recruitment and interview activities that fill gaps in functional and operational capabilities.
- Build more effective teams by conducting period evaluations and help to train new staff members.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Team Leadership: A proven track recording both building and leading small self-directed teams.
- Time and schedule management: A practical understanding of managing competing and concurrent projects along with excellent time and project management skills.
- Budgeting: Excellent financial management skills and ability to allocate resources to successfully complete projects
- Conflict Resolution: Able to maintain group cohesion and cooperation and able to resolve conflicts and realign priorities
- Problem-Solving: Rich set of problem solving skills included both structured and unstructured methodologies along with an ability to devise creative solutions
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communicator, ability to communicate with both team members and stakeholders throughout project life cycles.
Education and Training:
- B.S. or higher degree in an Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in the Medical Device Industry
- M.S. in engineering, related field or engineering management considered a plus.
- Strong understanding of Design Controls and their implication for V&V testing.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Some travel expected as necessary to support verification and testing expected to be less than 10%.