Manager, Systems Design (Infrastructure)
This position plays a key role in Technology transformation at T-Mobile. This role leads the team infrastructure architects responsible for identifying, evaluating and launching transformative technologies that progress T-Mobile’s identity as Un-carrier. This position will collaborate with other areas of the Infrastructure organization and the broader Technology organization to effectively communicate how selected innovation will benefit the overall organization. Primary responsibilities include discovery of transformation technologies to help build and run an agile, scalable and optimal IT infrastructure to deliver operational efficiencies, drive workplace productivity, and meet dynamic business needs. This position plays a key role in the evangelizing of transformative technology within the Technology organizations by working directly with the heads of EIT, Engineering, and Operations. The Manager will be a strong leader, innovate, challenge status quo, execute programs and drive business results.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires technical understanding in Infrastructure technologies and cloud native platforms. Competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Assist in developing and delivering strategies and solution for enterprise infrastructure – including servers, virtualization technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Lead and guide a team of highly team of technical architects large-scale cloud-centric solutions to meet key product roadmap and service availability goals.
- Management, development, and coaching: Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct reports. Understands and communicates the functional group's vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning.
- Keep abreast and stay on the bleeding edge of technology but only implement what will make people’s jobs easier or keep T-Mobile ahead of the curve.
- Assist in defining the Transformation opportunity with capability to perform Requirements Elaboration, Solution architecture, Product / partner selection, Roadmap definition and Proof of Concept execution for the selected domain.
- Lead a team that is responsible for the Design, Build & Deliver Transformational Platforms and programs with ability to develop Implementation plan, High level solution design, Detailed design, development, test and Deployment of future state capabilities.
- Leads with solid management skills, motivating individuals to maximize levels of productivity while forming cohesive team environment.
- Exceptional communicator, focused on building strong customer/vendor relationships.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
Requires technical understanding in Infrastructure technologies and cloud native platforms.
Experience in managing and delivering large transformation projects.
Experience coaching team members, with a proven record of progressive and/or diverse roles.
Progressive leadership experience in technology strategy, engineering, and operations.
Knowledge of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, etc.).
Experience/knowledge in the following areas:
Server Operating Systems (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows, etc.).
Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Infrastructure provisioning and automation technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-service solutions
Bachelors Degree, Technical discipline, or equivalent