Our client in Mountain View, CA is looking for Manager * Systems and Software Division MUST have PHD in order to be consider for this job.
Our mission is changing the experience of mobility, by providing expanded options built on innovative research and technology solutions. Our work utilizes the resources of vehicles, infrastructure and emergent technologies to provide tangible benefits to the public by enabling stress-free mobility of people and goods and delivering differentiated experiences through deep personalization.
Our current areas of interest include future vehicular networks, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, and intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Connected cars are emerging as a ground for cutting-edge technologies in the automotive industry. Communication between cars, other edge devices, and the cloud has the potential to support brand-new mobility services and sophisticated new technologies, e.g., advanced information sharing, coordinated autonomous systems, highly distributed control systems, etc. Software in cars and overall connected systems play a key role for safety and convenience.
We are seeking a manager in our research center's Systems and Software Division, which conducts highly-advanced research of software technologies for connected services of the future.
The selected candidate will lead research projects with a talented team and develop new software technologies / architectures of connected services. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software-related research for connected services, including but not limited to, creation of an innovative vision, derivation and proof of new theories, proposal of new methodologies, and demonstration of all of these.
Primary Performance Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate strong leadership and develop novel ideas to support high-assurance software systems for the connected services
Plan, direct, and lead overall strategies of the Systems and Software Division's research for connected services, such as defining a research vision consistent with that of our Center as a whole and a technology roadmap to achieve it
Develop and manage a research plan based on the technology roadmap, set the goals/milestones, supervise the team to deliver all committed projects on-time, on-scope, on-budget, and with adherence to corporate direction and quality standards, and in coordination with relevant stakeholders including customers and other outside collaborators
Develop/maintain relationships/partnerships with existing and potential customers to both understand their needs and promote our research center's ideas
Develop/maintain relationships/partnerships with universities and other outside collaborators as a source of new research, projects, and recruitment
* Motivate, coach, and guide individual team members for their future growth and to enhance their results (including assistance in drafting patents/papers)
* Select and evaluate quality personnel to ensure the effective operation and growth of the Center
* Formulate your own research in the following areas by creating a research plan, promoting your research with collaborators, and reporting the result to various stakeholders
* System and software architecture modeling of connected services as a whole
* Formal analysis based on system architecture models
* Virtual (simulation based) prototyping of connected services and systems
* Meld your ideas with our own to further refine and enhance our vision for connected vehicles
* Participate in managerial discussions to define the requirements and identify the research topic to create a connected mobile society
Work with executives and other cross-functional teams to shape the Center's future research direction
Encourage the entire team to work closely with other divisions' members to facilitate the Center's overall activities to create a connected mobility society in a holistic way.
* Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
* Strong rsearch skills in Software Engineering, Software Architecture, and Software Assurance
* 10+ years experience in research and development in the software domain, such as computer systems, embedded systems, connected systems, software engineering, development process, quality assurance, etc. Experience working in a corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements is required.
* 3+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
* Deep knowledge of the following software-related technologies
* Model-based design methodologies: modeling languages, simulation, testing, monitoring, and prototyping
* Verification techniques: formal languages, formal analysis, runtime verification, and falsification
* Software architecture and analysis: software platforms, OS, middleware, embedded software, mobile edge computing, cloud computing, API, SDK, IDE, architecture modeling languages, and analysis techniques
* Cyber-security: network security, authentication, security analysis, and intrusion detection
* Software platforms, e.g., Linux, RTOS, Windows, MacOS, ROS, DDS, MQTT, etc.
* Internet protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
* Cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, etc.
* Hands-on prototyping skill is a must
* A proven track record as a world-class researcher, such as excellent paper publications and patents. Leading academic conferences and workshops, e.g., PC membership, is a plus
* Knowledge of in-vehicle systems is a plus
* Other experiences/knowledge relevant to connected services and system/network architecture (such as machine learning/network/edge computing) is a plus
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convey a complicated research theme in an easy-to-understand and effective way
* Excellent project management skills to manage the project, budget, and timeline