The MATI—Mergers & Acquisitions - Technical Implementations—team facilitates the technical implementations of Alphabet and Google M&A activity, led by the Corporate Development (Corp Dev) team. Through M&A, Corp Dev drives strategic initiatives, grows and expands business units, invests in technology R&D, accelerates product roadmaps, and acquires talent expertise by buying companies, spinning off Google teams, participating in joint ventures, and starting new businesses.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead a team or teams of Systems Administrators on projects critical for Google’s engineers and success as an enterprise.
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your team's technical execution.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Design, write and deliver tools to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Google's services.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- 7 years of relevant technical work experience
- 5 years of experience managing a team of engineering and/or technical operations professionals responsible for critical systems and operations for a distributed organization.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and/or Windows based infrastructures.
- Experience managing systems at scale
- Experience with cloud providers including GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Ability to conduct technical deep-dives into networking, operating systems and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with Google's executive team.