The Manager, Systems Admin is responsible for the operation and management of MVW’s various technology solutions, including configuration of the assigned solution, data management, people analytics and reporting and user support for human resource technology. The incumbent reports to the Director, HRIS and interfaces with HR Centers of Expertise (COEs), the Finance & Accounting (F&A) Accounting Services department, Legal, and third-party Providers.
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- hiring for diversity and balance of skills.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
- Configures technology for assigned solutions ensuring appropriate configuration, data capture, architecture, interface management, etc.
- Ensures system integrity is maintained, including maintenance of configuration.
- Ensures all releases are appropriately tested prior to migration to production
- Grants appropriate security access based on roles for assigned applications
- Programs functionality within system tools to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Ensures integration of all systems, interfaces, etc. to operate seamlessly.
- Plans and facilitates change management for HR systems within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for driving people analytics initiative. Provide management support to the HR function in the areas of people metrics, complex reporting, and predictive analytics.
- Create dashboards/scorecards and executive presentations on key HR metrics.
- Identifies training needs of end users, super users and system administrators. Develops training content and facilitates the delivery of training and instructional support to facilitate user productivity in collaboration with internal and/or external resources.
- Develops, documents, and manages shared business processes. Prioritizes business processes based on impact risk and importance to business operations. Develops and administers an issue escalation matrix to ensure policy and process compliance.
- Work cross functionally to develop trust while relying upon data to present an idea or alternative solution.
- Is the primary point of contact for issue resolution for assigned systems, responding to HR inquiries.
- Researches, investigates and reports all problems, corrections, and changes related to inquiries and escalations.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Ensures internal controls are established related to data and systems.
- Recommends ongoing changes in methods, procedures or policies to improve specifically the effectiveness of HRIS capabilities specifically to Workday.
- Assists in reviews of HR systems, procedures and processes and provides recommendations for enhancements that will streamline the processes of the HR department as a whole and will comply with company policies and governmental regulations.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position with specific knowledge and experience in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology) as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile (the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in human resource information systems or related technology required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience as well as 3+ years Workday Learning and Performance experience.
- Five to eight years of Information Systems experience required.
- Ideally 2+ year experience working in inhouse with an HRIS provider, e.g. Workday.
- Proven working knowledge of client data configuration and security administration.
- Strong work experience with systems administration and reporting required.
- Working knowledge of IT/HRIS and Global Data Privacy rules; US essential, international an advantage.
- Background in data reporting preferred.
- Experience of vendor management preferred.
- Is a team player with credibility who works with a moderate degree of independence.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of employees and management
- Is results-oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders, vendors, and project team members.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Possesses strong technical skills; intermediate level knowledge of database information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Above average computer literacy: strong MS Office skills including Word, strong Excel knowledge and various third-party Payroll Service Provider applications.
- Solid data entry skills required.
- Above average numerical ability.