As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Manager, Systems Admin Configuration (FULL-TIME) to join our team in Jacksonville, Florida.
At Nemours, each Associate plays a vital role in supporting the delivery of world-class pediatric care to the children we serve. The team based at our home office in Jacksonville, Fla. provides essential administrative, financial and technical support toNemours operations across all locations.
The Manager of the Configuration Management team has two primary responsibilities. The first function will be to manage a group of analysts responsible for the configuration of the workstation operating system image via the use of Microsoft SCCM. The team’s responsibilities include maintaining current Windows/Mac desktop images, creating various software packages for deployment or making available via the Software Catalog, and deploying security patches across workstations and servers. This role will establish controls to ensure proper workstation & server testing and coordinated deployment of any change that affects workstations and servers across the enterprise. Changes include security patches, configuration changes, PC software deployments, Group Policy settings, encryption etc. Coordination and communication of impact to the business would be a key requirement of this role.
The second function of this role would be to oversee the enforcement of a Nemours IS printer policy, manage our printer vendor and oversee the coordination of the printer deployment/refresh lifecycle. A goal of this function would be to facilitate process improvement & controls regarding our printer platform in terms of looking for opportunities to reduce cost while providing improved services for printer technologies. This role will oversee printer replacements, manage printer lease agreements/invoicing and recommend new printer technology.
This is an enterprise wide function, involving heavy focus on process improvement, establishment of controls and policy enforcement. Establishing a strong partnership with our Corporate Information Security team is essential. With Technology and Data security being at the forefront of the Healthcare industry, the team will assist with implementing and maintaining security software and configurations including malware, antivirus, system access levels, encryption etc.
- Formulate process improvement initiatives to help create a more controlled environment for ensuring the integrity of the Nemours client hardware platform, maintain the OS image running on the local workstation and server along with establishing controls across the printer landscape.
- Maintains the daily management and oversight of a team of individuals with varying responsibilities, partnering with other IT groups to help establish policy and process improvements in order to better serve our Nemours Customers.
- Coordinate testing & release of workstation and server packages across the Nemours environment. Ensure consistency and compatibility of all security updates, software packages, device drivers and workstation images across the Nemours client hardware platform. Establish proper testing guidelines and deployment strategies to minimize disruption to our customers, manage exception machines, and ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Serve as the single point of contact for all printer replacements & ensure enforcement of the Nemours IS printer policy. Manage our partner vendor including managing printer escalations and the onsite vendor resources. Responsibilities include lease management, printer contracts and coordinating printer configuration and set up.
- Performs regular rounding sessions with direct reports.
- Assists with budget preparation and management of budget of 2M+.
- Responsible for managing monthly expenditures within approved capital and operating expense limits.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience required.
- Strong Technical understanding, specifically with Microsoft SCCM, Group Policy and Server OS management.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IS projects and within budget.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
- Apply with LinkedIn