You will be responsible for planning and managing integration and verification efforts to deliver new or upgrade existing products. The Manager of System Test Engineer will supervise, develop, coach and evaluate personnel to ensure best practices are in place. You will assess emerging technologies and may determine how to map them into product development roadmaps. You will need to keep abreast of technical developments through literature, technical contacts, and industry competition. As the Manager of System Test Engineering, you will ensure compliance with product lifecycle and development procedures and processes as well as all applicable quality and regulatory requirements.
You will coach, mentor, and develop system test engineers in the use of tools and methodologies to develop and execute test protocols. The successful candidate will be an accomplished technical expert capable of leading engineering activities to meet user needs, business objectives, and regulatory/safety standards. As the ideal candidate, you must be a self-starter with broad system integration and verification expertise, experience managing and developing high performing teams, and a track record of consistently delivering high quality medical devices to the market.
You are responsible for
- Implementing and monitoring structured system testing (manual and automated) strategies and methodologies
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to employ iterative development test strategies and tactics on assigned projects and ensure full execution of the strategy
- Identifying common trends on planned estimated effort hours vs actual hours.
- Managing system test activities, Providing test effort estimates, Creating and maintaining test metrics.
- Managing, reviewing and optimizing test design, reusable test cases and test procedures to ensure complete functional and non-functional test coverage for multiple projects concurrently
- Defining and measure key progress indicators on requirement coverage, test case effectiveness, Test execution and defect identification and closure
- Developing the team's objectives, policies and processes on short and long term, makes sure that the organization can meet the objectives and ensures that the roles and responsibilities are put in place
- Managing the capabilities of the team; to develop and maintain a long-term view on the required competences and knowledge to introduce new technology
- Attracting, retaining, and developing teammates to ensure the best talent is on the team Effectively executes performance management to continually improve the talent base
- Creating and maintaining a positive and engaging culture within the R&D function, and ensuring strong cross-functional collaborating with other functions within NPI
- Delivering new products to the market on time, cost, and quality.
- Achieving operational plans, guiding Project Managers/Leaders and ensuring the optimal allocation of personnel to the projects and effective project management.
- Ensures team compliance with design controls and Philips Product Development Lifecycle and Maintenance procedures.
- Ensuring all employees adhere to all applicable cGMPs, ISO, FDA, corporate, division and local procedures.
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology. The role will include interacting with the IGT Systems organization in Best, NL.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Engineering field. Advanced degree preferred
- 8+ total years' experience in system test engineering leadership roles in a highly regulated industry (medical device preferred).
- 2+ years' experience managing and leading a team of technical domain, preferably systems test engineering with global team
- Successful record of accomplishment leading people, executing complex new product development projects / programs / improvement opportunities (timelines, quality, capacity, capability, cost, productivity, etc.).
- Strong leadership skills (change management, communications, building rapport and executing within a complex matrixed global organization)
- Effectively communicates to numerous stakeholders including senior management, other Business Groups, internal and/or external customers and staff
- Experience in the use of system test engineering tools – test protocol management system, defect tracking system, automation tools
- Familiarity with Medical Development regulations as in FDA 21 CFR part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14791, The Medical Device Directive, Safety as in EN60601-1 and EMC as in EN60601-1-2 and subordinate regulations