Manager, System Stability and Support, Google Technical Services Consumers and Partners
The Google Technical Services Partners team empowers Google’s consumer products ecosystem to make Google’s products work. We provide end-to-end technical and operations support for partners for most of Google properties. This includes influencing product strategy, developing scalable product tools, helping onboard new partners, providing technical implementation services to some of the most strategic partners and ongoing partner management.
As a Manager of System Stability and Support, you are responsible for managing and charting the right types of system support and agreements to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. You will ensure that the team's delivery adheres to the highest standard of maintainability and rigor in testing. You will also collaborate with leaders across teams to identify and implement best practices to ensure all the technical solutions that are created have a proper path of long term support that are sustainable and manageable.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google supportexperience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Define, manage and drive efforts to reduce system and software health issues by implementing and upholding best practices across the team.
- Partner with the application engineering and pipeline engineering teams to help them improve the supportability of their software.
- Provide unparalleled support. Define and manage team and vendor SLAs to ensure maximum stakeholder satisfaction.
- Identify areas of improvement in our releases and our processes. Define the problem, work with others on the solution and follow-up on results.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experiences working in technical or technical support environment with an emphasis on continuous process improvement.
- Experience working autonomously and prioritizing multiple competing priorities.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and communicating with diverse clients located around the globe in different timezones.
- Release management, technical support management, test engineering, and/or release engineering experience.
- Experience using large scale metrics and data analytics, and how to apply that to improving product or process support.
- Developed leadership capabilities, with ability to motivate and energize all team members, as well as gain their respect.
- A passion for engineering excellence and quality, and ample experience with software testing, and bug and change management systems.