Manager, System Operations & Administration
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Manages the IT Operations team and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems. Prioritizes and schedules computer operations, and/or workflow so processing equipment and other IT resources are used to their full capacity. Analyzes production, maintenance, and malfunction records to identify problems and implement solutions (e.g., changes to procedures, workflow, or equipment) to improve performance. Leads, evaluates, and develops IT operations team to ensure computer operations meet pre-established production targets. Collaborates with functional or operational area managers to understand their schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations.
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations,
- LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, and system security policy and procedures.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems. Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 6 years
- related professional experience and prefer a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of current trends in the information technology field.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to determine and implement solutions.