This Manager role will provide oversight of 4 occupational clinics within the Memorial Hermann system. Role requires RN license as direct patient care will be required.
Position is responsible for leading and managing the day to day operation of multiple Occupational Health Clinics with direct supervision of the Occupation Health staff (15+), ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Occupational Health services.
Education: BSN, MS or MBA strongly preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Current State of Texas RN license to practice professional nursing.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ten years of progressive clinical experience and a minimum of five years of supervisory management experience required. Experience in occupational health, case management or administration of workers’ compensation claims a plus.
- Strong computer literacy including advanced level use of MS Office
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Experience developing staff and teams in a collaborative work environment
- Strong presentation, coaching and time management skills
- Strong commitment to best practices and customer service
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides oversight and management of day-to-day operations of all system occupational health clinics and clinic staff providing a broad array of occupational health services, including responsibility for clinic productivity measures, customer service standards, development and implementation of standardized policies and procedures, compliance with regulatory requirements, and acts as a liaison with facility management.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Director to develop and implement standards of care for employees’ and assures clinic compliance with required policies or protocols.
- Oversees case management and reporting of employee injury claims; coordinates with TPA and insurance company to ensure compliance with reporting requirements, and assures efficient processes are in place to timely address the care needs of the injured employee.
- Participates in medical case management on employee job injuries.
- Plans and executes annual influenza campaign for all employees, medical staffs, volunteers, and other key groups, including communication, staffing, scheduling, equipment, and meeting reporting requirements.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling for availability of on-call after clinic hours nurse response services;
- Develops staffing plan and supervises assigned personnel to meet department objectives. Establishes goals/objectives and trains, monitors, and evaluates staff as appropriate.
- Prepares and monitors budget for clinical supplies, medicines, instruments, etc. Requisitions items in timely, cost-efficient manner.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.