- Lead the Server Frameworks, Database and Platform Software functions.
- Lead UI Framework, Database Software, Software Tools, Third party software, Open source software and fundamental architecture decisions.
- Accountable for as-planned execution and quality of the platform developed by and for FNC
- Responsible for providing platform services and tools for the App SW
- Accountable for Platform staffing of AppSW projects and programs.
- Owns and refines App SW Platform Software work flow, SW tools, & App SW platform environment.
- Responsible for maintaining & evolving the App SW Platform code base (IP)
- Provide technical guidance to other software teams on services and tools provided by the Frameworks team.
- Group management of platform software: direction, delegation, talent development, performance reviews, expense management.
- Responsible for Core Platform architecture design, development, software unit testing and integration
- PTR investigation, status, and resolution during ST
- Interface with, monitor progress and evaluate performance of external SW vendors that provide SW to the Platform.
- Need to have a Degree in Computer Science. Masters Degree preferred.
- Need to be very strong in EMS/NMS development. Strong experience in ODL or ONOS is valuable.
- Need to have in-depth knowledge of SDN Framework. Requires deep knowledge of Distributed Software systems, deep understanding of Software Performance and robustness as well as highly available systems.
- Extremely good debugging skills and analytical skills to understand customer issues.
- Must understand Java, various database technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, various operating systems such as Linux and Solaris, hands-on experience with various scripting languages and tools.
- Thorough understanding of various communication protocols such as IP/OSI/NETCONF/TL1/SNMP.
- Need to understand issues associated with Scalability, Availability, and Performance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with different stake holders in the company and outside the company (customers).
- Close interaction with Tech Support/Product Support/Software BU/Planning/Development and System test is essential.
- Need to have management/leadership experiences in SW development team and process.
- Need to have the flexibility to work during off-hours and week-ends.