Reporting to the Senior Director, Supply Chain, this role will be a critical contributor to the construction and start up of supply chain operations at Taysha manufacturing facilities. The role may include overseeing, and developing as needed, material control procedures and practices for effective identification, set-up, and procurement of materials and services, receipt and specifications for manufacturing and packaging materials, inventory control procedures for full traceability and accountability of materials through receipt, issuance, consumption, and shipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development of robust material and inventory management policies and procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with quality, technical services, operations, maintenance, validation and engineering to understand and optimize internal processes.
- Work with site start up team on the layout and operation of warehousing operations.
- Perform procurement activity including obtaining quotes, creating required Purchase Orders, reviewing and approving invoices. Support the standardization of procurement practices across Taysha.
- Continuous development of external (customers/vendors) and internal relationships. Lead vendor management meetings to coordinate required activities to ensure timely deliveries and release of materials and equipment.
- Oversee inventory of materials and operating supplies, general and raw materials, components, equipment, and maintenance supplies. Prepare and communicate quarterly raw material procurement forecasts.
- Manage inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations. Review and maintain appropriate safety stock strategy on a regular basis to maintain optimal level raw material inventory and cost.
- Review and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM) for all products.
- Understand impacts of demand on planning cycles.
- Promote a mindset of continuous improvement, problem solving, and prevention.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or a related degree with:
- MS: 5 years’ experience
- BS: 10 years’ experience
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain experience including purchasing, warehousing, logistics.
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience directing and developing staff level requirements required.
- Minimum 3 years of GMP experience required
- Experience in life sciences industry such as cell/gene therapy, pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices is a plus
- Independently motivated and detail oriented with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinking, strong business acumen, ability to manage complexity and ambiguity, and proven communication skills
- Collaborative individual, able to influence without authority and engage leaders and functional partners proactively
- Proven ability to connect the dots across multiple areas of the organization and their processes in developing holistic project plans and timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrates respect, focuses on delivering value, and embraces learning and continual improvement
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively present problem statements and viable solution options using pro/con and cost/benefit approaches
- Detailed oriented individual who can simplify complex problems and effectively communicate across a wide range of audiences
- Experience in life sciences, gene therapy, pharmaceutical or aseptic manufacturing environment is preferred
- SAP experience
- APICS Certification