Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) – Rapid Results team in various locations throughout the U.S. With more than 200 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, PEPI excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
Manufacturing Operations Improvement
Merger Integration & Carve-outs
A&M’s Supply Chain Operations professionals assist our clients in analyzing each part of the supply chain process including: Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, Logistics and Distribution, Integrated Demand and Supply Planning, Third Party Risk Management, and Order Fulfillment and Service Delivery Management to identify value creation opportunities, develop a roadmap to accelerate those opportunities and assist with driving them to our client’s bottom line. From our thorough fact-based analysis, we assess the state of the supply chain, identify key risks to investment and quantify potential EBITDA improvement plans.
The PEPI Supply Chain group is a growing business with high growth projected throughout the next two to four years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and build leadership skills. The leadership team is focused on providing development opportunities, training and exposure to international and domestic business assignments.
We are seeking individuals that can lead and deliver large, complex client engagements working closely with Private Equity leadership to identify, design, and implement creative business solutions for their portfolio companies.
Managers frequently lead the following types of engagements:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of a client’s manufacturing, procurement, and distribution operations-- organization design, efficiency, quality, planning, warehousing and team capability
- Supply Chain network design / footprint analysis including the following type of work (experience with modeling software such as Llamasoft or other preferred):
- Review and baseline warehousing and distribution network including cost structure and capacity utilization
- Profile inventory flow throughout the network
- Analyze network optimization opportunities for lowest cost order fulfillment:
- Optimal number and location of distribution centers / network configuration
- Optimal inventory flow through network (e.g. ship from DC vs. ship from stores; supplier drop ship options; optimal stocking positions)
- Develop high-level planning model to support inventory optimization across supply chain networks
- Develop implementation plan and estimated range / timing of benefits (inventory / OPEX)
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies to meet growth and financial objectives through effective forecasting, demand/supply planning, procurement, inventory management, and distribution & logistics
- Implement inventory processes and control systems throughout the supply chain
- Develop transformation plans to drive proposed changes in transportation, freight optimization, warehousing & distribution
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Ability to both conduct analysis and lead teams to conduct analysis
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Structured project management (time, team and work-stream management)
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver time-pressured projects on-time and on-quality
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Client relationship building
- Excellent presentation skills
- 5-8 plus years of combined consulting and industry operating experience
- Preference for industry leadership roles within Supply Chain / Distribution and Logistics
- Previous advisory experience from a top-tier strategy firm, leading specialist, niche advisory firm, or Big-4 consultancy HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- MBA preferred
- Experience working for or with private equity sponsors and portfolio companies. Deep functional expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Network Modeling
- Experience modeling supply chains using software support tools (e.g. Llamasoft, etc.)
- Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills, including business process mapping and quantitative analysis
- Flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time