The Supply Chain Logistics Solutions Manager is part of the Supply Chain Logistics & Customer Solutions organization. This role is responsible for supporting the rapid growth of Kite’s commercial operations by developing logistics, system, transportation and order management solutions that address the needs of Kite’s internal and external customers for the distribution of Raw Materials, Intermediate and Final Product in the US and internationally.
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain robust inbound & outbound cold chain logistics processes while maintaining high value biopharmaceutical product integrity and chain of custody/Chain of Identity.
- Develop and implement robust customer service solutions covering aspects of order management, supplier management and logistics that are scalable and provides clear alignment across all departments.
- Manage the relationship and performance of logistics partners and suppliers
- Investigate deviations, initiate SCARS and remediate service issues related to Logistics and customer service.
- Develop, achieve buy-in for, & implement effective logistics strategies to achieve Kite Pharma goals.
- Provide logistical support & expertise to Kite Pharma’s new product launches and product geographical expansion launches both within the US and internationally.
- Identify, initiate, and manage cross-functional logistics projects using appropriate project management expertise & methodologies.
- Develop monitoring & measurement methods & indices for departmental & partner performance.
- Develop and Maintain Logistics’ key performance measures including measure around spend and cost
- Capture monthly accruals and work with Finance on revenue recognition, reversals & write-offs
- Identify, develop and incorporate GDP guidelines into Kite Pharma procedures.
- Support shipping and transport validation/qualification.
- Manage and support root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for logistics deviations and exceptions.
- Develop continuous improvement plans for Kite Pharma’s Logistics infrastructure
- Work to investigation and resolve international trade compliance issues.
- Work collaboratively with both internal & external partners to achieve business goals
- Enforce the corporate compliance as it pertains to transportation of goods domestically and internationally
- Mentor, coach, & develop Logistics personnel
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- Knowledge of international trade & customs documentation
- In depth experience in Microsoft Excel is a must (tables, arrays, formulas, conditional formatting)
- Experience working in ERP systems and pulling reports.
- 5 years in a Supply Chain or international trade role with experience in cold chain pharmaceutical Logistics and Good Distribution Practices
- 2 years Project Management experience with knowledge of current PM best practices & tools