About Our Team and This Role:
Our employees are our greatest asset. We want them to be happy, healthy, and safe as partners in our success. We work together with our employees to sustain the inclusive work environment that has been one of our core values for nearly a century.
The Regional Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the overall Fleet Management in his / her assigned region. They will coordinate all activities with the Divisional, Branch, & Operation Managers as well as Corporate Operational Leaders to ensure a maintained, safe and productive fleet as well as optimizing the fleet through current systems and technology driven data. This position requires 75% travel.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Implementing and coordinating Beacon's fleet maintenance programs, policies, and procedures.
- Promoting, inspecting, coaching and training local branches on repair and maintenance of company assets and other fleet management processes.
- Managing the fleet repair and maintenance program and the maintenance provider relationships.
- Responsible for adherence to all company and DOT safety policies & procedures.
- Managing the total cost of ownership of fleet assets and material handling equipment to make informed lifecycle decisions.
- Effectively communicating with other internal departments, warehouse workers, drivers, peers, leaders, vendors, etc.
- Managing the vehicle inspection process, required documentation, and auditing DVIR's to maintain DOT compliance.
- Develop and maintain KPI's to improve and drive asset utilization and optimization of the fleet.
- Effectively utilize various data sources to determine future savings opportunities.
- Partner with the Branches and Operations team to develop equipment specifications.
- Reviewing roadside inspection violations and assisting with root cause identification and follow-up as necessary to help ensure DOT and CSA compliance issues are addressed effectively.
- Providing required information and updates on fleet transfers, replacements, disposals, and acquisitions of equipment.
- Supporting field operations to ensure that material handling equipment and attachments are maintained and remain in compliance with regulations.
- Assisting in annual maintenance budget requirements.
- Managing and monitoring the commercial motor vehicle fuel program including assisting the vendor for IFTA reporting, and auditing fuel purchases to detect misuse.
- Maintaining physical inventory of fleet assets.
- Responsible for training and awareness of telematics, Transportation Management Systems, equipment training, new hire training, and the safe operation of the company fleet.
- Preparation and execution of performance reviews for direct reports as required.
- Other duties as needed.
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- 5+ years of experience with commercial motor vehicle operations.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, web-based applications, and technology
- Attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to multi-task
- Required to be able to travel approximately 75%
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employee's- written and verbal.