Manager, Supply Chain
Job ID(Requisition ID): 3417
Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. Precision Technologies Tempe has an extensive capability in mechanical manufacturing. Our customers are leading Original Equipment Manufacturers who require exacting precision mechanical production capabilities. Our product lines include the, Aerospace, Healthcare Scientific Instrumentation, and complex electro-mechanical equipment. Our Capabilities Include:
• Precision CNC 5-Axis Milling and Turning
• Precision 5-Axis Grinding of Aerospace Turbine Engine Nozzles and Blades
• Close Tolerance (Micron level) Instrumentation Grinding
• Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) NADCAP approved
• Complex Electro-Mechanical assembly and test (Class 1K & 10K clean room)
• Functional testing
• Medium to Large Coordinate Measuring Capabilities The Materials Manager supervises the supply chain activity including materials scheduling, planning, purchasing, warehousing and logistics within the business units, ensuring planning processes are in place to support department, business unit, and divisional goals, as well as ensuring customer needs are met.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Understands the extended process of material procurement, capacity planning, inventory analysis, and advanced planning techniques (demand flow scheduling, vendor managed inventory, etc).
• Understands Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools (MAPICS, Baan, or equivalent).
• Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats.
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates ability to maintain strict confidences.
• Strong financial understanding, risk analysis ability, relationship-building, and project management.
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers.
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required.
• Discretion and independent judgment when representing the company in supply chain decisions.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and people management skills.
• Ability to effectively mentor co-workers.
• Ability to independently drive solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision.
• Leads or at least participates in a continuous improvement activity complete with documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Works directly with customers to gain an understanding of a customer’s planning system and how Benchmark and the customer’s processes interact.
• Monitors capacity planning requirements and recommends solutions and/or takes action as appropriate.
• Monitors and reports on revenue and inventory plan and identifies issues and recommends solutions and/or takes action as appropriate for assigned business units.
• Monitors and reports on inventory levels and planned order quantities at both the component and assembly level and generates action plans to ensure that inventory levels are optimized, and excess inventory is dispositioned, to support business objectives.
• Develops planning analysis and assessment tools as required.
• Interfaces with customers, suppliers, and internal resources to optimize inventory/revenue plan.
• Assists the customer Program Managers in developing monthly sales forecasts and updates the forecast for assigned areas of responsibility based on the supply chain process.
• Supports and assists in daily supply chain activities/responsibilities/tasks.
• Recommends improvements and implements recommendations for improvements to the extended supply chain process in order to gain efficiencies in both Benchmark’s processes and the customer’s processes.
• Ensures that processes are effectively established, followed, monitored and optimized.
• Provide access to a broad range of resources and business contacts for the group to be successful in their projects.
• Coordinate analysis, gather supply chain best practices and develop strategies in support of supply chain business case development.
• Ensures internal and external customers receive the highest level of service.
• Maintains operational integrity of assigned area of responsibility.
• Manages the activities of the supply chain groups to include, but not limited to, interviewing and candidate selection, disciplinary action, performance reviews, and training.
7+ years experience in commodity purchasing / planning; experience in large volume, more complex purchasing accounts / commodities;
• Experience with Supplier and customer escalations and comfortable speaking with Executive level personnel
• Tactical experience with planning and master scheduling functions 3+ years in a leadership role; Small to medium sites
4 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.