Responsible for ensuring that the SIS sector has a world class supply base that adds value to Harris products and programs at the right cost, quality and delivery levels.
Manage all aspects of the supply base within a given category.
- Lead multi-site, cross-functional category / commodity team(s).
- Understand and track current category market conditions, trends, developing technologies, and suppliers’ capacity and capabilities.
- Develop and implement spend management analytics and strategies.
- Guide the selection, development, and management of strategic suppliers to meet category cost and performance goals.
- Perform supplier assessments and rationalization, lead negotiations focusing on best total cost of ownership and perform make vs. buy analyses.
Accountable for ensuring supply chain maintains effective collaboration, communication and alignment with key suppliers, Procurement, Quality assurance, and Engineering throughout the product maturity life cycle.
Development of high performing suppliers required to provide program critical items, up to and including qualification utilizing the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) principles
Skills and Experience:
- Category strategy development and rationalization of supply base
- Early supply chain engagement in the product/program maturity cycle
- Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE)
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) / Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Design to Cost (DTC) / Design to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC)
- Exceptional problem solving/avoidance skills
- Effective cross-functional team leadership to achieve goals
- Individual contributor role requiring the ability to effectively work through others across the segment/corporate in a center-led organizational construct.
- Ensures advanced supply chain planning and involvement throughout the product maturity cycle
- Maintains a high performing supply base by constantly assessing risks, monitoring performance trends and measuring key performance indicators
- Recommends actions to identify, improve or remove poor performing suppliers
- Evaluates supplier capabilities and technology roadmaps and compares them to Harris supply base and recommends improvement actions to address gaps
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) with 10+ years of experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated program and/or project management experience
Additional Qualifications (Preferred):
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Engineeringpreferred
- Space, aerospace or defense industry experiencepreferred
- US Government program lifecycle experience
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Proficient in data analysis and converting data to useful information and reports
- MBA (operations management, supply chain, logistics)
- CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Management
- LEAN / Six Sigma Certifications