If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
The manager of SME Resourcing will lead and develop a recruitment team within WGU's Academic Programs department. The individual will ensure industry standards and processes pertaining to independent contractor recruitment are applied to and aligned with departmental goals and objectives. The manager will effectively influence change in a highly matrixed organization while ensuring timelines and objectives of departmental strategies and initiatives are met in a timely manner.
- Uses quantitative and qualitative data to identify trends in issues and create strategies and recommendations for improvement and resolution
- Identifies process improvements that will result in the best potential outcomes for all stakeholders
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives to support projected Program Development growth
- Researches business strategies and recommends best practices and recruitment strategies to positively impact the performance of Program Development initiatives
- Ensures overall quality, consistency, and functionality of all work by team members to ensure a high level of performance and engagement of all team members
- Provides measurable feedback to direct reports and suggestions for improved performance.
- Works with cross-functional teams to determine current and future direction and create collaboration
- Holds direct reports accountable to performance metrics
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies across the national and state level to ensure standards and policies are followed
- Ensures that university strategic plans align with talent acquisition programs, leading to highly qualified SMEs in a timely and cost efficient way
- Designs strategic initiatives, selection systems and processes related to acquiring talented independent contractors to work with WGU's Academic Programs department
- Advise and propose compensation for independent contractors, ensuring proposed compensation aligns with stakeholder expectations and budgets
- In certain cases, terminate contracts for performance issues
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities and results
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Collaborates with other internal teams to understand individual and overall project needs, creating a cohesive course/program and enhancing the seamless student experience
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels
- Ability to be an agent of change in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to analyze data to identify trends and drive innovative process improvement
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and pay attention to detail
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- BA/BS degree, Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Experience with high-volume recruiting preferred
- At least 5 years in a management role