As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Manager of Product-to-Market (P2M) Strategy & Operations will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Banana Republic & Banana Republic Factory Stores organization through process improvement within the product development pipeline and integration of enterprise initiatives; develop executive and cross functional team alignment and process solutions; plan and manage the global, omni pipeline calendar and related documentation.
This position requires a strong understanding of the product life cycle and familiarity with functional responsibilities for design, product development, merchandising, IM, marketing and digital teams. Must have the ability to communicate persuasively, effectively leverage relationships with executives and teams, and manage detailed project plans and calendars. Represents brand for enterprise technology rollouts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
P2M Strategy & Operations
- Lead and manage P2M process improvement: facilitate cross functional discussions to identify process issues and gain cross functional alignment on global, omni solutions
- Document P2M roles, responsibilities, process and deliverables
- Maintain and build BR & BRFS calendars up to 18months out
- Build BR & BRFS P2M documentation and gain executive approval on calendar publishing; manage and coordinate calendars/deliverables with functional admins
- Build seasonal milestone meeting agendas, gain leadership alignment and gather team hindsight for seasonal improvement
- Facilitate high visibility cross functional projects end-to-end
- Create/pull pipeline metrics to better measure or quantify process efficiencies
Enterprise Goals (Product 3.0) Strategy & Operations
- Support VP in monthly dashboard creation and reporting metrics to support enterprise goals
- Create and maintain project plans; ensure key objectives and timelines achieved; report out on progress to leadership
- Schedule and manage project, process, training meetings with cross functional teams/leaders
- Measure results to quantify improvements made/needed
Brand Technical Operations
- Brand liaison for Gap Tech to support enterprise technology initiatives and rollouts (Microsoft Teams, Outlook migration, Zoom, Cisco,)
- Maintain BR/BRFS Box folder structure, brand permissions and training as needed
- Brand contact 3rd party product development tools and contracts
- Train brand and/or function SMEs on new tools as needed
- Develop and conduct onboarding pipeline training for Director+ new hires
- Support RMP training and brand presentation as requested by Retail Academy
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle and Product Development processes; familiar or experienced in design/product development, merchandising, production and/or inventory management, or Supply Chain Management concepts
- Experience with analyzing and developing processes and cross functional alignment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent project management skills; detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills for large audiences and executives alike
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- BA/BS degree minimum
- 6+ years in product development, retail, strategy and/or consulting
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.