The Manager of Strategy will be responsible for supporting strategic planning and other top priority Constellation initiatives. They will identify, research, and evaluate threats and opportunities to our long-term growth plan. The Manager will analyze business problems, conduct fact-based and data-driven research to develop business cases and strategic options based on industry insights, competitor developments, internal capabilities, and financial models. The individual will develop analytical models and executive presentations that influence our long-term growth plans and priorities.
- Lead the strategic planning process or other strategic projects by developing and maintaining processes, timelines, collecting and synthesizing materials, and organizing executive reviews; Draft strategic planning timelines, communications, and objectives and coordinate with cross-functional teams to develop the plan
- Responsible for turning team’s analysis into insights and actionable recommendations for senior management to pursue.
- Deliver forward-looking market analysis and evaluate internal and external threats and opportunities, implications to the business, and recommended course of action
- Develop approach, scope, work plan, and conduct analysis to evaluate new opportunities and threats to industry and business
- Evaluate market developments and potential competitor moves across all aspects of business (from operations to commercial execution), implications to industry and business, and recommended response.
- Examples of potential projects led by this team include:
- Business / brand strategy refreshes
- Market diagnostics
- Operating model development
- Process mapping / redesign
- Competitive benchmarking
• Strategy team lead for larger scale projects, such as:
- Major acquisitions
- Contract renegotiations
- Large projects involving outside consultants
• Develop strong relationships across the organization and central support functions – become the go to team internally for rapid, complex analysis supporting business decisions
• Work with the Director to help mentor the analyst on the team – develop his/her analytical and communication skills and business acumen
• Prepare executive management / board level presentations summarizing findings and recommending actions to take
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-6 years combined work experience.
- Strong background in project-based analytics / insight generation.
- Experience working with financial systems.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent communication skills required (both verbal and written).
- Degree preferably in Business, Finance and/or Accounting.
- MBA preferred.
- Beverage Alcohol / Consumer Goods experience preferred.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Experience working with JD Edwards / Hyperion preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%, domestic and international.
LocationSan Francisco, California
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaFinance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn