$200K — $250K *
Vertiv is hiring a Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Electronics in Westerville, Ohio. Seeking 10+ years of Strategic Sourcing in the manufacturing industry coupled with experience leading a team. Electronics is a plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
• Within the scope of the strategic sourcing process, drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including supplier managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
• Employ total cost of ownership (TCO), “should be” costing, commodity benchmarking, and low cost country sourcing methodologies to drive materials’ savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
• Deliver year over year cost savings and productivity.
• Lead product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
• Provide commodity support to New Product Teams as required to meet target costs and establish program cost models.
• Build collaborative working relationships with other Supply Chain departments to collectively optimize business performance.
• Develop ongoing planning to reflect changes in the supplier and industry landscape, matching the needs of the organization, and communicate this information on an ongoing basis.
• Negotiate and execute purchase orders or supplier contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
• Establish and maintain measurable key performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
• Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
• Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
• Develops an overall supplier base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, via global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
• Ability to lead a group of Commodity Managers, while performing day-to-day commodity management responsibilities.
• 10 to 15 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization.
• Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets.
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
• People management experience preferred.
• Strong experience in electronic component sourcing.
• NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred
• Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
Valid through: 6/11/2021