Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Responsible for delivery of the department budget, annual operating plan, savings pipeline, financial tasks, mitigation of inflation, and ensuring supply, through mid-to-long term strategies and risk management programs.
- Motivational and optimistic leader, capable of building and leading a high performing team through continuous talent development and coaching. Manages, and coaches a team of 4 direct reports. Works with team members to ensure they deliver on their annual operating plan, department and company strategic priorities and objectives.
- Supports the team in building mid to long-term strategies, adopting and leveraging sourcing best/world class practices (Supplier Relationship Management, risk management and negotiation strategies, market analytics/insights, etc.).
- Supports New Product Development (NPD) and Contract Manufacturing initiatives.
- Understands how to utilize digital technology, including implementing automated processes to reduce tactical and transactional activities, dashboarding/metrics to measure and manage results.
- Collaborates with cross-functional colleagues (Resource Center, NPD, Finance, Tech Ops, Planning, Quality, etc.) to deliver on annual operating plan, strategic priorities and mitigate risk, supply and financial issues.
- Works with Finance to optimize total delivered cost, provide accurate and timely financial reporting and forecasting, along with financial risk and opportunity assessments.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience leading and transforming high performing cross-functional teams and collaborating with internal and external customers to achieve Pharmavite's objectives. You have a passion for developing talent and organizations that have a learning and continuous improvement mindset.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated history of delivering results through advanced strategic sourcing best practices.
- Ability to think through complex problems using analysis from multiple sources and compiling information into a clear framework and recommendation.
- Strong influence skills at all levels of the organization and supply base.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, changing situations and priorities.
- Understand the Procedure to Pay (P2P) transactional process
- Experience with building legal contracts and partnering with Legal to execute agreements
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A four-year college or university degree
- 10+ years of work experience including at least 7 years of experience in sourcing ingredients and/or packaging components
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Project.
- Experience with leveraging COE and Resource Center models (analytics, market Intel, risk management, optimization best practices and talent development).
- Project management experience leading complex initiatives across the organization
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with commodity management, forecasting and financial modeling.
- CPSM or CSCP certification required; APICS certification preferred
- Ability to travel International and domestic 10 -- 20 percent of time