We are currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager! The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will oversee a variety of sourcing categories that drive savings, increase efficiencies and mitigate sourcing risks. This position will work closely with stakeholder groups to ensure sourcing initiatives are executed and savings realized while maintaining a focus on project timelines and deliverables. The Manager, Strategic Sourcing focuses on a category portfolio associated with each project in order to achieve improvements in assurance of supply, quality, cost, service levels, and cost. The position will use mastery of analytical skills to solve complex problems utilizing a data driven approach to decision making. The Manager applies category management best practices, tools and techniques in the development and implementation of an integrated sourcing strategy and assesses the overall opportunity of the spend categories for projects to engage the stakeholders with facts and data. The role is responsible for creating the category management business case, identifies business requirements, assembles all necessary information; performs a rigorous analysis of business, supply chain and supplier data to generate options and document a strategic sourcing plan that includes planning, negotiations with suppliers, contract execution and implementation of source recommendations. The Manager, Strategic Sourcing works closely with functional stakeholder management teams, across the Brands (operating lines), All Brands Group, and suppliers to ensure effective strategy development and implementation.
- Engages and Collaborates with CCL stakeholders, ABG and sister brands. This position will be responsible for leading the category portfolio. This role will be the prime interface with key CCL stakeholders and managing the cross brand initiatives with ABG and sister brands. This position will have significant spend oversight in range of $100-$200M in Opex/CapEx.
- Identifies Strategic Sourcing Opportunities. This role will work with CCL stakeholders, ABG and sister brands to identify strategic sourcing opportunities that increase quality and reduce cost. This position will develop a deep spend analysis by commodity, vendor and SKU to develop opportunities including an overall sourcing strategy. Will engage key stakeholders with facts and data to develop plans and gain alignment.
- Manages Strategic Sourcing Initiatives. Based on the sourcing initiatives, this role will use the 7 step strategic sourcing process to manage the initiatives including a market analysis, vendor analysis and baseline spend analysis. This role will be responsible for developing a negotiation plan for each initiative in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Manages Contracts and Key Supplier Relationships. Will manage key supplier relationships for CCL and assist ABG on key global relationships. This will include leading and establishing a strong supplier relationship management program. Understand global, regional and local contracts and manage key contracts for CCL. Ensure smooth transition of agreements to procurement team to load pricing for order execution.
- Delivers Results to Performance Goals and Measurements. Using our savings methodology, the role is responsible for leading and delivering hard savings targets for the category (OpEx and CapEx) as well as cost avoidance targets. Also responsible for supplier diversity and sustainability goals. These measurements include initiatives lead at the brand level and ensuring regional or global initiatives are completed that impact the brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or similar discipline is required
- MBA preferred; CPSM or CPM preferred
- 5+ years general leadership and management experience required (demonstrated indirect leadership is highly valued); in a "Fortune 500" enterprise or top management consultancy, 5+ years leading strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing best practices category management methodology ("six-" or "seven-step process")
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; champion of change management; good problem-solving and analytical skills (data analysis fundamentals); advanced planning/project management skills; expert negotiating skills; advanced level knowledge of contracts;
- Knowledge of business, markets, and various industries, including well-developed technical and commercial knowledge of the products with emphasis on those related to hotel operations (housekeeping, linens, consumables, furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E), Operating Supplies and Equipment (OS&E), Dry dock, maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO), and furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) spend.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to champion the procurement initiatives in cross-functional teams within CCL and across the operating brands.
- Skilled in all Sourcing process disciplines including spend category management, prioritization and alignment of sourcing opportunities with overall CCL business goals, market and cost analysis, contract negotiations, supplier selection, contract structuring, development and implementation of supplier performance service level agreements performance metrics, supplier value management, contract benefits capture, and procure-to-pay processes.
- Strong communication skills with ability to tailor for CCL executives, management, stakeholders, teams and suppliers (written, presentation, oral).
- Proven ability in developing and leading high performing teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically; Advanced level analytical skills; Advanced level negotiating skills; Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); Extensive contract expertise; Strong spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) proficiency (especially pivot tables, lookup tables, macros, VBA).