As part of PayPal’s Corporate Affairs organization, the Leadership Communications & Strategic Partnerships team is responsible for developing and executing strategic stakeholder engagement programs that showcase the company’s impact and thought leadership, as well as expand PayPal’s impact and reputation globally. This newly created role will report to the Director of Leadership Communications & Strategic Partnerships, and it will partner with the rest of the team (and broader Corporate Affairs function) to advance and amplify our global programs. The successful candidate will leverage strong writing, project management and cross-sector collaboration skills to develop and facilitate the next stage of impact of our Strategic Partnerships program. As a team coordinator and cross-functional integrator, he/she/they will support the ongoing management and growth of key relationships with international organizations and platforms; work closely with colleagues across the Corporate Affairs function and other internal teams to identify, prioritize and pursue new engagement opportunities; develop and implement a standard management system and set of processes for knowledge sharing and monitoring/evaluation of all relationships; and work to fully maximize the impact of our Strategic Partnerships portfolio through consistent integration across our various communications, thought leadership, public policy and social impact agendas.
Responsibilities to Include
- Support all aspects of PayPal’s strategic partnerships with international organizations (such as WEF), media platforms (such as Fortune), collaborative initiatives (such as the Worker Financial Wellness Initiative) and others. Help provide ongoing relationship management, project manage key workstreams and consistently identify new ways to expand our impact.
- Develop/track pipeline of engagements, research/cultivate new opportunities (inbound requests and proactive outlook), and continually build/maintain relationships with key contacts
- Assist in the ongoing development of executive engagement and strategic communications plans, and track/support progress toward successful execution. Continually apply key learnings and update/refresh as necessary, as well as maintain continuity across other team strategies/plans.
- Support PayPal’s strategic engagement at annual high-profile thought leadership events. Stay connected with diverse set of external stakeholders to monitor developments in the landscape and identify highest-impact opportunities for stakeholder engagement and reputation building.
- Develop wide-range of written materials (often on quick turn-around) including briefing materials and messaging, thought leadership and social media content, and strategic recommendations and recaps, in an ongoing manner. Partner with outside agencies as necessary.
- Consistently collaborate across several teams – including but not limited to Corporate Financial Communications, Government Relations, Social Innovation and other stakeholders across the business – to ensure strategic coordination and maximize opportunities
- Work in concert with internal colleagues to develop/manage new central tools and processes for relationship managers across Corporate Affairs and related functions to share knowledge, standardize engagement strategies, track progress and impact, etc.
- Minimum of five years of work experience with demonstrated background in partnership development/management
- Previous strategic communications experience preferred – agency or management consulting experience ideal, but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of landscape and trends in the external/public affairs and thought leadership spaces, as well as key relationships of relevance across the landscape
- Strong organizational skills – ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with a keen attention to detail
- Highly collaborative, with excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills – builds strong relationships easily with positive/can-do attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset – thinks creatively and outside the box, brings outside-in thinking to every project, and always figures out a way to get things done
- Global orientation – experience in an international market recommended, but not required
- Connection to PayPal’s brand and commitment to PayPal’s mission, vision and values
- Demonstrated dedication to social impact and community engagement
- Bachelor’s degree required