Manager, Strategic Marketing and Business Development will assist in developing the Strategic Marketing planning process for the Terumo Interventional Systems division. Manager, Strategic Marketing and Business Development will coordinate with internal teams to gather data necessary to drive the marketing initiatives as well as characterize investment profiles of strategic initiatives for senior leadership. Will prepare business cases analyses to facilitate the development of the TIS portfolio innovation strategy. Will evaluate the performance of international and distributor channels, and identify opportunities to optimize and introduce new business to business and international distribution channels.
- Work with Marketing to identify and analyze opportunities for geographic expansion and distributionpartnerships in the U.S. and international markets. Present business case and recommendations to the director.
- Work to identify and analyze opportunities in our current space and adjacent strategic spaces for expansion and acquisition/distribution in the U.S. and international markets. Present business case and recommendations to Director.
- Participate on Marketing teams to define and implement the execution plan to support initiatives as well as launch new initiatives. Activities include development of market data and research, project deliverables and timelines, coordination with external partners, facilitating project team alignment meetings, and updating senior leadership on project status.
- Coordinate execution of the global engagement strategy. Meet with internal targets to capture objectives/wins, global initiatives impacting TIS, support needs/expectations, and collaboration opportunities and suggestions for improving alignment.
- Support coordination of Strategic Planning process with focus on mid/long-term objectives & initiatives (3 – 5 years)
- Coordinate readiness activities with TC and TIS Product Marketing teams, and facilitate strategy plan review meetings.
- Evaluate possible “strategic focus areas” for TIS product innovation, and conduct primary research (i.e. TMC/TIS Advisory Board) to validate key assumptions and identify new opportunities.
- Support execution of Portfolio Review Processes with Product Marketing and R&D teams
- Analyze business performance of international and distributor channels, and identify potential opportunities for growth, along with related business plan outline.
- Assist in developing 12-18 month marketing plan to optimize business to business and international channels.
- Identify and analyze opportunities for geographic expansion and distributionpartnerships in the U.S. and international markets. Present business case and recommendations to Director.
- Support coordination of Physician Advisory Panels to obtain external inputs & validation on business strategy Set-up and manage on-going communication venues with distribution partners to monitor progress and support needs, and coordinate product management support requirements with internal Terumo partners.
- File weekly reports, monthly reports, competitive product reports, etc. in a timely manner.
- Attend trade shows and conventions to obtain market intelligence.
- Demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance with all TMC Quality Systems requirements. This includes but is not limited to the prompt recognition and forwarding of customer complaints (i.e. adverse events, product performance reports, etc.) to Quality Assurance (QA), and by ensuring all promotional messaging (i.e. branding strategies, product claims, etc.) and materials (i.e. literature) discussed or presented to customers are clinically accurate and adhere to AdvaMed guidelines and Terumo’s policy on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals. Fully adhere to all applicable FDA regulations, international guidelines and Terumo’s policies at all times.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- This is an office based position.
- This position requires approximately 30% overnight travel. In addition, occasional weekend travel is required.
- Frequent entry to hospitals and other medical facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined training, background check and proof of immunization requirements as a condition of entry. Terumo Associates entering these facilities are required to abide by these credentialing requirements.
- Must be able to gain access to and work in the operating room. Entry into these areas requires an ability to wear appropriate gowning, stand for long periods of time, comply with hospital policy/protocol and be aware of potential biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong financial analysis skills, the ability to build in-depth financial models.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand complex medical procedures and align knowledge with market research to provide insightful analysis.
- Ability to understand the human anatomy.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6+ years experience in Medical Device Marketing and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA Strongly Preferred.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide project management support, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Track record of working effectively as a thought partner to senior leaders and their teams to effect change.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quantitative and qualitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling) and analyze research.