Manager, Strategic Intelligence & Analytics, Revenue Management
- Job Number:
- Dublin, OH
- United States
- Date Posted:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
What Strategic Intelligence/Analyst contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Intelligence/Analytics is responsible for strategic data/information, value at stake analysis and other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution
What Revenue Management/Strategic Pricing contributes to Cardinal Health
The Strategic Pricing team is responsible for managing Medical Segment pricing for all our global markets including USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Pacific Rim, and Latin America. The Manager of Revenue Management | Strategic Pricing will support development of pricing strategy and advanced analytics within the US region aligned with the business, category strategy and serve as an effective liaison with marketing & product management, sales, FP&A, legal, IT, and senior leadership.
This role is both strategic and tactical and requires ability to shift mindset between the two levels of performance equally. This role will challenge you to understand the business strategy, perform the requisite data analysis, and craft and present insight and recommendations around price strategy. The main objective is to ensure that the proposed pricing strategy is competitive but also aligned to the company’s business & financial goals.
This role needs talent who has a passion to understand new business models, business, category strategy, while getting their hands into data analytics, and then be comfortable in presenting their thought process to all levels of business leadership. High exposure and high accountability are expected.
- Manage a team of professionals and ensure annual margin objectives are achieved via a variety of price realization initiatives.
- Develop pricing strategies for Cardinal Brand portfolio that would maximize profitability and ensure predictable, market competitive pricing working with a cross-functional team.
- Support business unit initiatives with market pricing intelligence, implement pricing performance indicators and diagnostics to identify potential pricing opportunities – measure impact of pricing decisions, and track performance of pricing initiatives, etc.
- Build partnership and trust with Cardinal Product & Marketing teams; ability to communicate effectively across the organization with business partners regarding profitability improvement opportunities and key pricing insights, while being comfortable when challenged.
- Ability to understand product | category strategy, and leverage pricing concepts & principles to manage a wide variety of pricing initiatives and ad hoc analysis as needed to support business opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability, and enthusiasm, in data analysis and financial modeling, applying analytics and data visualization techniques to extract insights and effectively draw applicable recommendations.
- Engage with all levels of leadership (Directors and VPs) as a pricing subject matter expert as well as an influencer towards organizational needs and interests.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
- Bachelor’s / Master's degree in Finance / Economics / Math / Statistics or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years professional experience in a Pricing or any Analytical / Strategic role / advanced FP&A role required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to display quantitative information in tables, charts, powerpoint presentations and other forms visual enhancements to the data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to propose actions, identify and illustrate opportunities, make recommendations, and articulate financial impacts of decisions to personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise.
- Data management / manipulation skills – SQL / Data mining / Advanced Excel required; knowledge of Tableau, R, Python will be a plus.
- Solution oriented mindset driven by natural curiosity to explore and mine the data and look for insights to drive business decisions. Comfortable with ambiguous information and analysis.
- Proactiveness and self-initiative with strong discipline to deadlines is a must.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead a team and develop others
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.