Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Strategic Development will be responsible for developing an annual strategy to drive campaigns to grow both participation and financialsupport within Wisconsin Athletics Annual Giving program. The Manager of Strategic Development will work in conjunction with the Wisconsin Athletic Development team and plan to execute both holistic and sport specific solicitation appeals via telephone, email, and social media. This position must be well-versed in industry best practices and constantly evaluate ways to ensure that the Wisconsin Athletics is best positioned to provide our student-athletes with the necessary resources to compete for conference and national championships.
- Create, develop, and execute content, marketing, and data plan that increases fundraising for Wisconsin Athletic Annual Fund, helping to meet unrestricted dollar goals and undergraduate alumni participation goals.
- End-to-end management of simultaneous, highly-targeted, digital marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to capture and develop captivating content around Wisconsin’s 23 Varsity sports and more than 800 student athletes.
- Tell digital stories using re-purposed and newly created video, still photography, written and audio content.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to strategize, maintain, and executive a 30-60-90 day communications timeline using diverse channels of communication.
- Develop relationships with other departments within Wisconsin Development Office including the Wisconsin Ticket Office, Marketing, and other External Relations units to ensure a robust, donor-centric approach to all fundraising efforts.
- Work on printed materials to supplement online products for potential direct mail campaigns
- Recruit, hire, assist, train, and mentor Annual Development Officers on strategy, call scripts, sales presentations, both on site and off site at prospect locations for new business acquisition.
- Create quantitative and qualitative monthly reports to highlight wins, losses, key learnings.
- Utilize CRM system to manage accounts, pipelines, sales process, and activity
- Due to the nature of this project, the candidate must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends and game days.
- Participate in events, promotions, client entertainment and other activities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 6-8 years in marketing and marketing related field at a digital marketing agency or a brand heavily engaged in digital conversion.
- Experience overseeing a marketing/sales staff on a professional or collegiate sports level preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with strategic thinking and personal leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in a team selling environment and collaborate with others.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and general creativity.
- Candidate should possess an optimistic team-first attitude, as well as the competitive desire to be the best.
- Candidate should possess both the personal and professional communication skills to interface with all levels of a company, both internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to communicate effectively with prospects, customers and internal team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and Presentation/AV equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation with ability to travel to offsite client meetings/presentations.
- Must be flexible to work extend hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.