As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will manage a team of commodity managers responsible for the long term strategic sourcing, complex contracting, and management of strategic suppliers for materials and the fabrication of complex spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of pricing performance and delivery schedules. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Lead and manage a group of supply chain subject matter experts in the Supplier Management and Procurement organization. Work closely with the Procurement Managers in the overall team management.
- Ensure the company’s documented supplier management, purchasing, and quality processes and policies are followed. Identify and recommend process changes that improve efficiencies, participate in leading any implementation plans.
- Ensure business unit long lead and design requirements are supported by the team. Support research and development programs with pathfinding in areas of the commodity manager’s expertise.
- Assist commodity managers with reviewing Statements of Work, Proposal packages, and Specifications before bid.
- Identify areas where new suppliers or sourcing strategy is required, assist with evaluate potential candidates, and establish new supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with commodity managers, procurement contract administrators, and Legal team on negotiations on complex procurement contracts and long term agreements.
- Communicate the supplier strategy and changes with business unit teams and senior management.
- When necessary, assist in the engagement and manage third party consultants.
- 15-20 years experience with progressive responsibility in supply chain and personnel management
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business management or related field.
- ITAR knowledge and Federal Acquisition Regulations knowledge.
- International sourcing experience.
- Expertise in sourcing for aerospace manufacturing experience with commodities such as: metal machining and forming, composites, avionics, valves, casting and forgings, and tooling.
- Experience in supplier management, and contracts management including establishing and managing Long Term Agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across multiple facilities and corporate functions
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of time
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience working in a FAR/Government contracts industry including working with DCMA, DCAA, Supplier Diversity, and leading teams through Contractor Procurement System Review.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of the AS9100 Management System
- CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent.
- Deltek Costpoint experience
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.