As the Manager of Strategic Business Risk you will be responsible for assisting with the management of strategic regulatory and risk initiatives and working with business leaders to ensure that Sun Life Global Investments (SLGI) has strong governance and control program in place.
As part of the Sun Life Global Investments (SLGI) Strategy & Analytics team and the 1st Line of Defense, you will help support the governance and control function by:
- Working with business leaders, Compliance, Corporate Risk and Audit to ensure initiatives underway address key risks and are completed on time
- Helping the business identify, assess, prioritize, and appropriately manage risk. A key part of this work will be assessing, improving and testing controls.
- Building and testing business
- Leading small projects
- Managing Market Conduct and Distribution risks for Segregated Funds, Annuities and other Guaranteed Investments
- Reporting on the state of governance and control functions within the business
Education and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma. MBA, CFA, CPA or other quantitative discipline would be an asset but not required.
- You must have at least 5 years of Investment Fund experience and expertise in either an Investment/Operational OR Regulatory/Compliance capacity
- Experience building, implementing and maintaining processes and controls in an Investment Fund environment
- Experience planning and leading small projects
- Experience building reports / dashboards for senior management
- Exposure to Lean/Six Sigma/Brighter Way or equivalent methodologies
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (Pivot tables but VB not required). Tableau helpful but not required.
- Strong communication skills, including report writing, presentation skills, listening skills and influencing skills
- Ability to set effective priorities with stakeholders and meet deadlines
- Sense of curiosity
- Very strong organization skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Occasional travel to/from Toronto and Waterloo may be required